become an editor
the entire directory
only in Genetics/Genomics
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Genetics: Genomics
Maps and Databases
Products and Services
- Youtube video presented by Barry Schuler entitled "An Introduction to Genomics".
- Research is focused on the discovery, development and optimization of the critical technological tools needed to obtain and analyze the massive amounts of genome-related data now available.
ESRC Genomics Network
- This network is dedicated to examining the development and use of the science and technologies of genomics. Provides details of research, publications, news, events and the scientists involved.
Experiment Information Database of T. thermophilus HB8
- Provides a genome map with GeneChip probe position for Thermus thermophilus HB8, from the SR Systembiology Research Group.
- Aims to develop and implement a national strategy in genomics and proteomics research in such areas as agriculture, environment, fisheries, forestry, health and the development of new technology.
Genome News Network
- Resource for news about research, human medicine, stem cells, cloning, biotechnology and agriculture worldwide. Maintained by the Center for the Advancement of Genomics, Rockville, Maryland.
Genome Programs of the U.S. Department of Energy
- A government site with information about the genomics projects that it supports. These include the US Human Genome Project, the Genomics:GTL Program, and the Microbial Genome Program.
Genomic Research Laboratory
- Study of prokaryotes (primarily Staphylococcus aureus), biofilm, MRSA and internalization using microarray and other genomic technologies, at the Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Geneva Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland.
Genomics and Disease Prevention
- Collection of research articles aimed at human genomic discoveries. Includes public health reports and genetic testing.
Genomics: GTL Program
- This program will use new genomic data and high-throughput technologies to study the proteins encoded by microbial and plant genomes in order to explore their natural capabilities.
Human Genome Project Information
- Information about the U.S. Department of Energy and the National Institutes of Health's 13-year project to map the Human Genome (The Human Genome Project) and a section linking to articles about progress derived from the Human Genome Project.
Institute for Genome Sciences
- At the University of Maryland, Baltimore. Research into gene and genome function in health and disease, molecular and cellular networks in a variety of model systems and the generation of data and resources.
J. Craig Venter Institute
- Research in structural, functional and comparative analysis of genomes and gene products. Features databases, gene indices, education, and software at Rockville and San Diego, USA.
- Dr.K.Ulaganathan's lab at Osmania University, Hyderabad, India. Research is focused on studies of the genome of rice and other plants.
Karolinska Biomics Center
- Research center in Stockholm providing clinical research in genomics, proteomics and metabolomics.
Nature - Genome Gateway
- Resource for academic journals, current studies, and human genome sequences.
Netherlands Genomics Initiative
- National government site featuring , publications, calendar of meetings, and links to research programs.
Ontario Genomics Institute
- Not-for-profit corporation focused on world-class genomics research. It cultivates, funds and manages large-scale genomics projects and the genomics resources they create. Toronto, Canada.
Rice Information System
- An integrated information resource and comparative analysis workbench for rice genomics.
Sequence, Evolution, Function
- Book describing computational approaches for analyzing complete genomes including 3D structures. By Eugene V. Koonin and Michael Y. Galperin; Kluwer Academic Publishers.
University of Minnesota: Biomedical Genomics Center
- BMGC aims to promote genomics and proteomics research at the University of Minnesota and in the community. Provides information on the facilities and services, research grants, workshops and seminars.
Wikipedia: Genomic Imprinting
- Article on the inheritance process in eukaryotes determined by alleles from either parent.
- History and overview of the study of the complete genome of organisms, including determining the entire DNA sequence and fine-scale genetic mapping efforts.
Genomics and Its Impact on Science and Society
- A primer on basic genetics; the science of the Human Genome Project; genomic medicine; ethical, legal, and social issues; and post-genomics research - from the U.S. Dept. of Energy Human Genome Program. (March 01, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, March 8, 2013 1:48:20 PM EST -