become an editor
the entire directory
only in Animal/Transgenics_and_Cloning
Transgenics and Cloning
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Genetics: Eukaryotic: Animal: Transgenics and Cloning
Business: Biotechnology and Pharmaceuticals: Pharmaceuticals: Research and Development
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Living Things: Genetics: Cloning
Science: Agriculture: Animals: Mammals: Breeding and Biotechnology
Science: Biology: Developmental Biology: Model Organisms
Science: Biology: Products and Services: Living Systems
Society: Philosophy: Ethics: Applied: Bioethics: Genetic Engineering
The Cloning of Dolly: Science Explained
- Cell biology, and developmental biology from zygote to adult, including cells, nuclear transfers, microinjection, and development.
Cloned Calves are Grown from Cultured Cells
- Six cloned calves have been created from cells cultured in vitro for up to three months, confirming previous work showing that relatively "old" cells can be used to clone whole animals.
- Broad range of basic data including scientists, methods, stem cells, research, and abnormalities.
- Illustrated article and brief history. Provides links to related articles, timelines, photographs and video presentations.
Cloning Humans: Can It Really Be Done?
- Dr. David Whitehouse answers some questions about cloning and whether the technology can be made to work in humans.
Cloning: A Webliography
- A collection of Web resources on the scientific, ethical, and legal aspects of animal and human cloning. Includes articles, books, research, and societies.
Cloning: Bringing Back Endangered Species.
- The first successful cloning of an endangered animal to late-stage fetal development has been reported; from Applied Genetics News.
Cloning: Dumb Human Pet Tricks
- From Cloning, a story about a Texas A&M team that plans to clone pets.
Cloning: Pigs Cloned for the First Time
- The first pigs ever born as a result of nuclear transfer (cloning) using adult cells.
Cloning: Return to the Future
- Cells from six healthy cow clones show no signs of the premature aging reported for Dolly the cloned sheep, according to researchers from Advanced Cell Technologies, Inc.
Conceiving a Clone
- Features a timeline, techniques, media centre, cloning debate, and legislation. offers an interactive section including create a clone.
- Developing transgenic in vivo and in vitro models: DNA microinjections, knock-out and knock-in mice, embryonic stem cell differentiation, inducible and conditional systems.
Human Cloning and Genetic Modification
- The basic principles of embryogenesis and germline engineering - from the Association of Reproductive Health Professionals.
Reproductive Genetics Resource Center
- Offers current news stories and links to related resources. Includes a basic primer on cloning and genetic engineering. From the Association of Reproductive Health Professionals.
Transgenics and Cloning
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, January 3, 2013 7:35:06 AM EST -