become an editor
the entire directory
only in Human/Testing_and_Counseling
Testing and Counseling
Cystic Fibrosis Testing
Forensic Testing Services
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Genetic Disorders
Science: Science in Society: Forensic Science: DNA: Testing Services
Society: Issues: Science and Technology: Biotechnology: Genetics
American Board of Genetic Counseling
- Prepares and administers examinations and accredits training programs. Offers a range of information on examinations, guidelines, and training programs.
Canadian Association of Genetic Counsellors - CAGC
- Establish minimum standards of practice and encourage professional growth. Includes certification, training, jobs, and conferences. Many documents use the PDF file format.
- A medical technology company that gives people access to information about their bodies, including DNA analysis for family preparation or inherited cancers.
- Provides the facilities for paternity, and all other types of DNA testing, at its centers across America.
- Offers DNA testing services to establish paternity, relationship and ancestry. English and Spanish.
Dynacare Northwest, Inc. Cytogenetics Laboratory
- Offers a range of tests including Fluorescent In Situ Hybridization (FISH) for microdeletion syndromes. Karyotypes and ideograms of normal and abnormal chromosomes are included as examples.
Eastern Biotech & Life Sciences
- Dubai based company offering genetic testing services. Includes information on the range of tests, how they are done, and information for physicians.
- European project to harmonize genetic testing across Europe. Provides information for medical professionals, laboratories, students, industry, patients and families.
- Resources and genetic consultation for people with pregnancy questions related to inherited diseases, assisted conception, and pregnancy ultrasound.
- Provides support and encouragement for people with genetic anomalies through information, forums, a picture gallery and FAQ.
- International network of academic and commercial laboratories from Europe and the US providing a range of services including paternity, maternity, twins, and relationship diagnostics.
Gendia - Genetic Diagnostics
- International network of laboratories offering molecular tests for a range of disorders.
- Genetic testing and diagnosis company serving individuals and families suffering from severe hereditary disorders.
- Brief overview of gene testing: what it is, how it works, what are some of the pros and cons, what tests are available. Includes a guide to further resources.
The Gene Trust
- Goal is to establish a database of information about people, including physical characteristics, health histories, and responses to treatments and thus speed up the rate of medical advances based on this genetic knowledge .
- NIH funded, expert-authored descriptions of inherited disorders. Covers genetic testing in diagnosis and management and genetic counseling of patients.
Genetic Assays Inc.
- Offers physicians, hospitals, and laboratories, molecular techniques for the gene level diagnosis and management of diseases. Also provide DNA testing for the determination of parentage/paternity.
- Offers a genetic analysis of over three hundred gene polymorphisms which affect the predisposition to, and development of, diseases.
- Provides DNA profiling services, specialising in establishing paternity and ancestry, to the general public in the UK and worldwide.
- Genetic testing laboratory specializing in DNA analysis for common genetic disorders. Includes listing of tests available.
National Newborn Screening and Genetics Resource Center of the US
- Provides a large collection of resources on birth defects and on genetic/metabolic screening of infants as a component of public health.
National Society of Genetic Counselors - NSGC
- Promote the profession as a recognized part of health care delivery, education, research and public policy. Includes a searchable database of counselors.
- Provides genetic testing for common health conditions that can be prevented -- or better managed if detected early. Includes information on steps people can take to reduce their risk of diseases.
New York University Department of Pediatrics Human Genetics Program
- Offers evaluation, testing and counseling for genetic diseases with information on faculty, clinical services, molecular genetics laboratory, and research interests
NorthGene DNA Testing Specialists
- Non-profit DNA paternity and relationship testing for information or for legal, immigration, and forensic cases. Drug and alcohol testing service. Cell line authentication and sample mix up service.
- Offers personal DNA testing to help people to understand their disease risks, ancestry, drug responses and personal traits. Includes information on counseling and a list of conditions for which tests are available.
Prenatal Testing and Screening for Autism
- Describes prenatal screening for autism and posits that it is essentially screening for the parents' own personality type.
Wikipedia: Genetic Testing
- Encyclopedia article on tests which allow the genetic diagnosis of vulnerabilities to inherited diseases, and can also be used to determine a person's paternity or ancestry.
Testing and Counseling
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 27, 2015 at 13:05:08 UTC -