become an editor
the entire directory
only in Human/Testing_and_Counseling
Testing and Counseling
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Genetics: Eukaryotic: Animal: Mammal: Human: Testing and Counseling
Cystic Fibrosis Testing
Forensic Testing Services
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Genetic Disorders
Science: Science in Society: Forensic Science: DNA: Testing Services
Society: Issues: Science and Technology: Biotechnology: Genetics
American Board of Genetic Counseling
- Prepares and administers examinations and accredits training programs. Offers a range of information on examinations, guidelines, and training programs.
Canadian Association of Genetic Counsellors - CAGC
- Establish minimum standards of practice and encourage professional growth. Includes certification, training, jobs, and conferences. Many documents use the PDF file format.
- Offers a simple saliva test before pregnancy to protect your baby from genetic disease.
- Provides the facilities for paternity, and all other types of DNA testing, at its centers across America.
- Offers DNA testing services to establish paternity, relationship and ancestry. English and Spanish.
Dynacare Northwest, Inc. Cytogenetics Laboratory
- Offers a range of tests including Fluorescent In Situ Hybridization (FISH) for microdeletion syndromes. Karyotypes and ideograms of normal and abnormal chromosomes are included as examples.
Eastern Biotech & Life Sciences
- Dubai based company offering genetic testing services. Includes information on the range of tests, how they are done, and information for physicians.
- European project to harmonize genetic testing across Europe. Provides information for medical professionals, laboratories, students, industry, patients and families.
- Resources and genetic consultation for people with pregnancy questions related to inherited diseases, assisted conception, and pregnancy ultrasound.
- Provides support and encouragement for people with genetic anomalies through information, forums, a picture gallery and FAQ.
- International network of academic and commercial laboratories from Europe and the US providing a range of services including paternity, maternity, twins, and relationship diagnostics.
Gendia - Genetic Diagnostics
- International network of laboratories offering molecular tests for a range of disorders.
Gene Analysis Service GmbH
- Molecular biological and medical diagnostic service laboratory. Mutation screening by DNA sequencing for the detection of rare genetic diseases.
- Genetic testing and diagnosis company serving individuals and families suffering from severe hereditary disorders.
- Brief overview of gene testing: what it is, how it works, what are some of the pros and cons, what tests are available. Includes a guide to further resources.
The Gene Trust
- Goal is to establish a database of information about people, including physical characteristics, health histories, and responses to treatments and thus speed up the rate of medical advances based on this genetic knowledge .
- Offers a personal DNA testing service enabling users to ascertain their predisposition to various common disorders.
GeneClinics: Medical Genetics Knowledge Base
- NIH funded, expert-authored descriptions of inherited disorders. Covers genetic testing in diagnosis and management and genetic counseling of patients.
- A genetic testing resource including an introduction to genetic counseling and testing and a genetics laboratory directory. From the University of Washington.
Genetic Assays Inc.
- Offers physicians, hospitals, and laboratories, molecular techniques for the gene level diagnosis and management of diseases. Also provide DNA testing for the determination of parentage/paternity.
- Offers a genetic analysis of over three hundred gene polymorphisms which affect the predisposition to, and development of, diseases.
Interleukin Genetics Incorporated
- Performs genetic susceptibility testing services for common diseases which are treatable and preventable. Includes corporate and financial data, and job opportunities .
- Provides DNA profiling services, specialising in establishing paternity and ancestry, to the general public in the UK and worldwide.
- Genetic testing laboratory specializing in DNA analysis for common genetic disorders. Includes listing of tests available.
Mountain States Genetics Network
- Share medical genetics knowledge and resources with other health care practitioners, patients, and caregivers. Features an overview of services, chromosome and DNA testing, education, and news.
National Newborn Screening and Genetics Resource Center of the US
- Provides a large collection of resources on birth defects and on genetic/metabolic screening of infants as a component of public health.
National Society of Genetic Counselors - NSGC
- Promote the profession as a recognized part of health care delivery, education, research and public policy. Includes a searchable database of counselors.
- Provides genetic testing for common health conditions that can be prevented -- or better managed if detected early. Includes information on steps people can take to reduce their risk of diseases.
New York University Department of Pediatrics Human Genetics Program
- Offers evaluation, testing and counseling for genetic diseases with information on faculty, clinical services, molecular genetics laboratory, and research interests
NorthGene DNA Testing Specialists
- Non-profit DNA paternity and relationship testing for information or for legal, immigration, and forensic cases. Drug and alcohol testing service. Cell line authentication and sample mix up service.
- Offers personal DNA testing to help people to understand their disease risks, ancestry, drug responses and personal traits. Includes information on counseling and a list of conditions for which tests are available.
Prenatal Testing and Screening for Autism
- Describes prenatal screening for autism and posits that it is essentially screening for the parents' own personality type.
The Robert Guthrie Biochemical Genetics Laboratory
- Diagnostic testing for inborn errors of metabolism with an emphasis on metabolic myopathies and mitochondrial diseases. Includes print-off forms and research updates.
Search for Ancestors
- Report from the Public Broadcasting Corporation on the science of using DNA testing to track personal ancestry and ancient human migration patterns.
Wikipedia: Genetic Testing
- Encyclopedia article on tests which allow the genetic diagnosis of vulnerabilities to inherited diseases, and can also be used to determine a person's paternity or ancestry.
Testing and Counseling
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, November 23, 2013 11:01:46 PM EST -