become an editor
the entire directory
only in Mammal/Human
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Genetics: Eukaryotic: Animal: Mammal: Human
Databases and Maps
Testing and Counseling
Science: Biology: Genetics: Genomics
This category in other languages:
Human Genome Project Information
- Description of the basic strategy and methodology for mapping and sequencing the human genome. Maintained by the US Department of Energy.
BBC: DNA 50
- Special report about 50 years of scientific work on DNA and the human genome project.
Cytogenetics Information Site
- Study of chromosomes and the diseases caused by numerical and structural chromosome abnormalities. Karyotypes and FISH images of normal and abnormal chromosomes are included.
- Learn about the structure of DNA, how it replicates, protein synthesis and its history.
The Dolan DNA Learning Center
- A wide variety of online DNA resources as well as information on workshops, field trips, courses and products.
- E-learning portal in the domain of human genetics. It provides learning resources including presentations, articles, images and video lectures, for statistical, medical and molecular genetics.
- Provides a computational method of prioritising a set of candidate genes according to their probability of being involved in a particular disease or phenotype.
- Graphical user interface to show what genes have been mapped to a particular chromosome location. Maintained by the University of Washington.
The Greatest Biological Development in Science History
- Article about the human genome and its discovery. Includes diagram of the biological Rosetta Stone and a table of human genome statistics.
How Designer Children Will Work
- Illustrated narrative about the idea of designing babies . Includes mapping the human genome and genetic prescreening
Human Chromosome Launchpad
- Information about each human chromosome. Features links to gene maps, sequences, genetic disorders, identified genes, laboratories, and research.
Human Genetics Programme
- World Health Organization program which develops genetic approaches to the control of the most common hereditary diseases and those with a genetic predisposition.
The Human Genome
- The Wellcome Trust provides information on the human genome, and the impact of human genes on health, disease and society.
Human Genome Center
- Research at the Institute of Medical Science at the University of Tokyo is focused on diseases such as cancer using cDNA microarray systems and supercomputers.
Human Genome Project
- Information about the Project, its progress, history, and goals; issues associated with genome research; frequently asked questions, the science behind the project; and Project sponsors.
- Encyclopedia of Homo sapiens genes and metabolism.
- A companion piece to the PBS series. Features the latest biomedical and genetical treatments and research. Contains original articles and animations.
International Communication Forum in Human Molecular Genetics.
- Features a mailing list, table of contents of leading journals, listings of meetings and seminars and a classified ads section .
Molecular Genetic Basis of ABO Blood Group System
- Fumiichiro Yamamoto, Ph.D., aims to disseminate knowledge on the molecular genetic basis of the ABO blood grouping system. Also provides details of Dr Yamamoto's publications.
National Center for Genome Resources
- Develop bioinformatics and computational biology tools to support genetic analysis and discovery. Features scientific programs, software, and career opportunities.
SNP Genetics Wiki
- A wiki investigating the genetics of human diseases.
Windows of Hope
- A medical information resource for disorders within the Amish population that is written in plain language. Contains an extensive database of genetic, diagnostic and clinical information for the use of clinicians, academic researchers, medical students and patients.
- The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute provides a source of information, resources and discussion on genome science including DNA, genes, genome sequencing, the Human Genome Project and contemporary topics in genetics and genomics.
BBC: Human Genome Project
- Transcript of a discussion with David Baltimore, John Sulston and David Bentley about the project. (December 02, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, January 28, 2012 6:45:04 AM EST -