become an editor
the entire directory
only in Feline/Coat_and_Coloration
Coat and Coloration
Basic Genetics as Revealed by Cats
- Introduction to genetic terminology using the cat as an example. Covers agouti, black, dilute, albino, red, dominant white and piebald.
Basic Self (Solid) Colors of Cats
- Description of the genetics of the solid colors and their modifiers.
Cat Color Genetics
- Includes information, mating tables, pigmentation, white cats, ticking and tabby, shading and white spotting.
- Coat color genetics with an emphasis on the Bengal.
Genetics of Coat Colour Inheritance
- Illustrated online color predictor for black, red and pointed series.
Genetics of the Shaded American Shorthair
- Article about tabby genetics and modifying factors affecting it including wideband, silvering and modifying polygenes as related to the shaded American Shorthair breed.
Mosaicism in Cats
- The genetics underlying the very rare male tortoiseshell pattern in cats.
The Pigment Parade
- A description of the actions of the white spotting and epistatic white genes in cats.
Practical Color and Coat Length Genetics for Abyssinian and Somali Breeders
- Article reproduced from the Abysinnian Breeder magazine explaining Abysinnian and Somali coat color inheritance.
Simple Genetics for Cat Judges and Breeders
- Brief explanations of various terms and description of the genetics behind pigmentation and breeding.
- The color genetics of Tonkinese, Siamese and Burmese.
- Coat color, pattern, conformation and eye color genetics of Tonkinese.
Torties, Calicos and Tricolor Cats
- Information about the distinguishing characteristics of each pattern named and the genetics factors behind them.
- Genetics of the snow colors in the Bengal.
We are Siamese if you Please
- A short piece about the temperature sensitivity of the albino gene.
Coat and Coloration
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 11, 2014 at 17:24:06 UTC -