become an editor
the entire directory
only in Animal/Cancer
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Genetics: Eukaryotic: Animal: Cancer
Business: Biotechnology and Pharmaceuticals: Pharmaceuticals: Cancer
Society: Issues: Health: Conditions and Diseases: Cancer
- Designed to inform and empower patients and their families, as well as others, interested in the biology of cancer growth, metastasis, detection, and treatment - from Emory Univ.
American University of Beirut Medical Center
- Maintain a tumor registry and administer and keep records of regular interdisciplinary tumor conferences. Offers guides and protocols, photographs and history of the center.
The Cancer Genome Anatomy Project
- Excellent tool for searching and analyzing known, tissue-specific, tumor genes - from the National Cancer Institute.
Cancer Genome Anatomy Project - CGAP
- Determine the gene expression profiles of normal, precancer, and cancer cells. Includes human and mouse genome data, information on methods and resources for reagents, and informatics tools.
- Informative site providing detailed information about genetics, causes, risk factors, and prevention of cancer. From the National Cancer Institute aimed at both patients and health professionals.
- Blog on cancer research including cell signaling, apoptosis, chemotherapy mechanisms, vitamins and natural compounds.
The Jackson Laboratory
- Perform basic research on the genetic factors underlying cancer. Includes research data, education, courses and conferences, and career opportunities.
SIRT1, Is It a Tumor Promoter or Tumor Suppressor?
- Article by Chu-Xia Deng, PhD, analyzes all possible functions of SIRT1 in tumor promotion or suppression, and explores the possibility that activation of SIRT1 extends lifespan and inhibits cancer formation.
Special Project Angiogenesis
- Offers a look at angiostatic therapy, cancer, genes, publications, and lab news. Includes goals, tools, and participants at the First Interdisciplinary Scientific Project on Tumor Angiogenesis sponsored by Italian Association for Cancer Research.
The Tumor Gene Databases
- Searchable databases containing information about genes which are targets for cancer-causing mutations, proto-oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes.
Usenet sci.med.diseases.cancer -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 16, 2013 at 16:05:07 UTC -