become an editor
the entire directory
only in Genetics/Education
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Living Things: Genetics
Science: Biology: Education
This category in other languages:
DNA From the Beginning
- Animated, online textbook which covers the basics of genetic inheritance through methods of DNA analysis, and geared towards those without a scientific background. - from the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory.
The Basic Principles of Genetics
- An introduction to Mendelian genetics from Palomar College. Includes tutorials, links, and a glossary.
- Contains research, and educational resources for genetic counselors, clinical and medical geneticists, with links to professional societies, genetic support groups, clinical resources, genome centers, and computer resources.
- Resources and educational information including descriptions of many of the things for which DNA can be used . Includes a guide to DNA based computers and learning kits .
Dr. Charles Herr's Genetics
- Provides lecture notes, images, animations, problems sets, practice exams, and background notes useful to college students who are in a general genetics course.
European Genetic Foundation
- A not for profit institution.Offers training for young geneticists and promote the public understanding of genetics. Features online courses, workshops, and links to related resources.
Fugue No. 9: E Major
- Interactive Director movie comparing a fugue by Johann Sebastian Bach to the structure of DNA.
Genetics and Developmental Biology
- Research and graduate education, seminars, publications and open positions for training and employment. University of Connecticut .
Genetics Education Center
- Resources for educators interested in human genetics and the human genome project. The site is maintained by Medical Genetics, University of Kansas Medical Center.
The GenScope Project
- As a complement to text-based instruction students and teachers can manipulate the processes of inheritance on six different, but related, levels: DNA, chromosome, cell, organism, pedigree, and population.
- Problem sets and tutorials from the University of Arizona.
My First Book About DNA
- DNA picture book authored and illustrated by a forensic scientist. Includes an author biography, book reviews, sample pages, and ordering information.
The New Genetics
- The National Institute of General Medical Sciences provides an introductory course on genetics. Includes a downloadable pdf version.
Penn State University
- General information including program of study, handbook and admission information concerning this intercollege graduate degree program in genetics .
Principles of Genetics
- A self-paced, self-learning course in Genetics provided by Dr Jamie Love.
Send a DNA-o-gram
- Send a message in the language of life.
- Free genetic cross software which aims to simulate real genetics experiments to teach students about genetic experimental design.
Waksman Student Scholars Program
- Genetics and molecular biology research program at East Brunswick High School, New Jersey, affiliated with Rutgers University. Features an overview, QuickTime movies, and related resources.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 8, 2013 at 1:27:41 UTC -