the entire directory
only in Biology/Genetics
Human Genetic Disorders
Testing and Counseling
Transgenics and Cloning
Research Groups and Centers
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Living Things: Genetics
Science: Biology: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology: Biomolecules: Nucleic Acids: DNA
Science: Biology: Developmental Biology: Model Organisms
Science: Biology: Evolution
Science: Biology: Sociobiology
Science: Science in Society: Forensic Science: DNA
Society: Issues: Science and Technology: Biotechnology: Genetics
This category in other languages:
Chromosome Web Watch
- Resource site for researchers. Includes links to conferences and courses, directories, laboratories, journals, and publishers.
Cracking the Code of Life
- Chronicles the race to capture the complete letter-by-letter sequence . Includes an online version of the television program. Viewable in Quicktime or Real Audio format.
Database of Genome Sizes
- Genome sizes for different organisms. The estimated genome sizes are given for both the organisms currently being sequenced and those for which no sequencing programme is in progress.
The DNA Files
- A public radio series that explores the world of genes and genetic science.
Essentials of Genetics
- Provides a range of notes including landmarks, basic terms and rules, chromosomes and genes, population genetics, viral and bacterial genetics, and plant genetics. Includes links to related resources .
- Provides biochemical methods and computer tools to allow students to use their own DNA "fingerprints" as a starting point in the study of human evolution.
- Provides explanations of basic genetic information with Flash animations.
Genetics Virtual Library
- Comprehensive subject catalog covering genetics in the biosciences. Provided by the U.S. Department of Energy.
Life: A Study of Genetics and Molecular Biology
- Source of information from the basics to contemporary issues such as cloning and cancer. Includes interactive demonstrations and a discussion forum.
The National Center for Biotechnology Information
- A national resource for molecular biology information for the better understanding of molecular processes affecting human health and disease.
The New York Times: Genetics
- Collection of articles assembled to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the discovery of DNA. Topics include history, recent developments, ethical concerns and other issues related to the genetic revolution, and the role of the news media in science.
The Selfish Gene
- An introduction to genetics, covers the basics including cell mechanics, chromosome structure, genotypes and phenotypes, recombination, cloning and mapping.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 30, 2014 at 11:05:09 UTC -