become an editor
the entire directory
only in Flora_and_Fauna/Viruses
Flora and Fauna
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Viral
Health: Public Health and Safety: Disease Control and Prevention: Immunizations
Science: Biology: Microbiology: Virology
This category in other languages:
Are Viruses Alive?
- Educational site that discusses what defines life and whether viruses fit into this definition.
- Information from Wikipedia on the viruses that infect bacteria, their classification, history, replication and uses.
The Big Picture Book of Viruses
- Specific information on viral families, genomes, taxonomy, and structure.
Epstein-Barr Virus: Infectious Mononucleosis
- Research project by Michaela Weisser at the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse.
- Research project by Kayleen Kinsley on the human immunodeficiency virus, including its classification, nutrition, reproduction, habitat, history and information on the disease it causes.
- Student project with taxonomy, phylogeny, anatomy, physiology and human significance.
Index of Viruses
- Database of virus names, acronyms, hosts, and nucleic acids.
International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses
- Taxonomy of viruses, including electron microscopy pictures, and family descriptions.
Origins of Viruses
- Article examining the evidence for how the first viruses may have appeared and how viruses, like other parasites, co-evolved with their hosts.
- Photographs and information on this virus that can be transmitted in saliva.
Taxonomy browser (Viruses)
- The NCBI Taxonomy database allows browsing of the taxonomy tree, which contains a classification of organisms.
- Viruses in the genus Tospovirus cause significant worldwide crop losses. Provides information on their biology, transmission, host range, symptoms, distribution and management strategies.
- Database of viruses. Information for each family includes molecular biology, taxonomic and host details, epidemiology and the UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot protein entries.
- Comprehensive information from Wikipedia on these sub-microscopic infectious agents that are unable to grow or reproduce outside a host cell.
Virus Databases Online
- A comprehensive index of viruses provided by the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses. Also provides a picture gallery, identification tool and software tools.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 29, 2015 at 14:45:07 UTC -