become an editor
the entire directory
only in Protista/Sarcomastigophora
Flora and Fauna
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Parasitic: African Trypanosomiasis
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Parasitic: Chagas Disease
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Parasitic: Giardiasis
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Parasitic: Leishmaniasis
Science: Biology: Microbiology: Parasitology
- Photographic study by Chitchai Chantangsi of this member of the Heliozoa, or sun animalcules.
- Information on Entamoeba histolytica which is a human pathogen, with diagrams and information on its life cycle.
- Article from Wikipedia on this single-celled organism, its habitat, anatomy and reaction to outside stimuli such as changes in salinity.
- Photographs and information on these simple single-celled organisms.
Amoebas are More than Just Blobs
- Article by Wim van Egmond on the humble Amoeba, how to find and identify it, its behavior, locomotion and feeding, with many fine photographs.
- Information from Wikipedia on this protozoan parasite that inhabits the gut, its life cycle, how the infection manifests itself and how it can be prevented and treated.
- Information on Giardia intestinalis (or Giardia lamblia) which is a human pathogen, and diagrams and information on the life cycle of this protozoan flagellate.
An Interesting Amoeba: Naegleria
- Photograph and information on this pathogenic species.
Mastigophora: Flagellates that Move with a Whip
- Illustrations and information on about ten of these protists which include Chlamydomonas, Volvox and Euglena.
- Description and significance, genome structure, cell structure, metabolism and ecology.
- Information on these pathogenic free-living amoebae, with several videos from the Microbiology Video Library.
Protist Images: Mastigophora
- Provides a classification of these flagellates with images of a number of individual species. English and Japanese.
Sarcodina: Move with pseudopodia
- Illustrations and information on several species including amoeba, with microscopic images of many of them.
Sun Animalcules and Amoebas
- Article by Wim van Egmond introducing these organisms with several excellent photographs.
Testate Amoebae, Peat Bogs and Past Climates
- Photographic article by Graeme Swindles on the testate amoeba fossils to be found in core samples of peat, and the deductions that can be made about the climate.
- Tutorial providing information on these parasites, their taxonomy, and the diseases caused by them that affect domestic animals and humans.
- Information on this flagellated protozoan parasite and the infection it causes, with a video from the Microbiology Video Library.
- Photomicrographs of this organism.
- Research project by Mary Strous at the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse.
Voracious Soil Amoebae
- Image gallery of amoebae with large appetites, enveloping algae and other prey larger than themselves.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 10, 2015 at 0:37:14 UTC -