become an editor
the entire directory
only in Protista/Myxozoa
Flora and Fauna
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Protista: Myxozoa
Science: Biology: Microbiology: Parasitology
- The taxonomic placement of this parasitic worm long puzzled biologists. Information from Wikipedia on this species, sometimes known as Tetracapsula bryozoides.
- Information on the microsporidian species that have been identified as human pathogens, with diagrams and information on their life cycles.
- Information from Wikipedia on this parasite which causes whirling disease in salmon and trout, its taxonomy, morphology, life cycle, pathology, impact on fish farming, prevention and control.
- Information from Wikipedia on this group of parasitic animals including their phylogenetics.
- Information on these parasites, many of which have a two host life cycle involving a fish and an annelid worm or bryozoan. From the Tree of Life Web Project.
Myxozoa are Cnidarians
- Images of species of Chloromyxum, Henneguya, Myxobolus and Myxidium. Also annotated images of specimens for comparison purposes and evidence based on rDNA studies which suggest Myxozoans should be reclassified as Cnidarians.
- This organisation aims to link myxozoan researchers for the purposes of sharing knowledge and encouraging collaboration, and serve as an information source for aquiculture professionals.
Breakthrough in Fish Disease Mystery
- Research brief from Imperial College, London giving information on the identification of the causal agent of the serious fish disease known as Proliferative Kidney Disease, PKD. (December 01, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 3, 2012 at 12:06:14 UTC -