become an editor
the entire directory
only in Protista/Myxomycota
Flora and Fauna
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Protista: Myxomycota
- Photograph of this Myxomycete.
- Photograph of this species.
- Photograph of this slime mould.
Introduction to the 'Slime Molds'
- Illustrated discussion of the biology and classification of these organisms, which are no longer considered to be fungi and which include three main groups that do not form a clade.
Mushroom Photo Gallery: Myxomycetes
- About twenty photographs of various slime molds found in the United States.
- List of about 80 slime moulds, with photographs of each.
Philippine Myxomycetes and other Slime Molds
- Dedicated to the species of Myxomycetes and other Eumycetozoans found in the Philippines, with illustrations of many species. The Eumycetozoan Research Project is managed by myxomycetologist Isidro T. Savillo.
- Pictorial outline of the slime molds.
- Student project by Brad Renner including classification, habitat, adaptation, nutrition, reproduction and interactions with other species.
- Information on slime moulds which were originally considered to be fungi by mycologists and amoebae by zoologists, respectively classified as Myxomycota (slime fungi) or Mycetozoa (fungus animals).
- Illustrated introduction to slime mold biology.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 3, 2007 at 10:37:25 UTC -