become an editor
the entire directory
only in Protista/Ciliophora
Flora and Fauna
Science: Biology: Microbiology: Parasitology
Actinobolina Being Vorax
- Article with illustrations by Rosemarie Arbur on a specimen of Actobolina vorax behaving in a strange way.
- Photographic observations by Jim Evarts of the fission and conjugation of these protozoans.
- Photographic study of these ciliates by Jannette Hanna, including videos.
- Article by Wim van Egmond on this stalked ciliate, with a pen and ink drawing.
- Photograph of this ciliated protozoan.
- Images and notes on a number of species of ciliate.
The Ciliate Resource Archive
- Provides a complete classification of the phylum Ciliophora down to genus level.
- Article by Wim van Egmond introducing these organisms with many excellent photographs of various species.
- Information and photographs from Microbewiki on these organisms, their description and significance, their genome, cell structure, metabolism and ecology.
- Lists the families and genera included in this diverse group of single celled microbes.
Ciliophora: Protozoans that Move with Cilia
- Illustrations and information on about twenty species of ciliate, with microscopic images of many of them.
- Illustration and information on this ciliate.
- Article by Rosemarie Arbur with a series of diagrams showing these protists exiting from a cyst.
Dessert for Dileptus
- Illustrated article by Rosemarie Arbur on the behavior and feeding habits of this ciliate.
Didinium the Master Feeder.
- Photographic study by Mike Dingley of this ciliate, Didinium nasutum, consuming a Paramecium larger than itself.
Dileptus at Dinnertime
- Illustrated article by Rosemarie Arbur on the interactions of the two ciliates, Dileptus and Litonotus, which are both carnivores.
- Photograph and information on this ciliate.
- Several images.
Folliculina, a Marine Ciliate
- Photographic study by Wim van Egmond of this tube-dwelling protozoan.
Image Gallery: Paramecium portfolio
- Some black and white photographs of these organisms, including conjugation and fission, taken by Jim Evarts.
Introduction to the Ciliata
- Photographs and information on these single celled organisms, their appearance in the fossil record, life history, ecology, systematics and morphology.
Lacrymaria olor: Tear of a Swan
- Article by Professor Richard Howey on this freshwater protozoan.
- Information on these organisms, often called slipper animalcules, their classification, with links to videos, images and many other sites on protists.
- General biology of these organisms with photographs and video clips.
- Photographs and information on these single-celled organisms.
A Preliminary Look at the Ciliates of Borehole 25
- David Richman takes samples from a borehole in Bitter Lake National Wildlife Refuge and finds the high-salinity water rich in ciliates.
Protist Images: Ciliophora
- Classifies ciliates and provides a large number of images of individual species. English and Japanese.
Ruminating on Some Secret Ciliates.
- Photographic study by Dave Furness on the ciliates that spend their lives in the rumens of domestic cattle.
- Photographic study by Howard Webb of these colonial ciliates.
- Photographic study by Jean-Marie Cavanihac of these marine protists, with several animated sequences.
- Photographs and information on this colonial protist.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 17, 2015 at 13:54:09 UTC -