become an editor
the entire directory
only in Protista/Bacillariophyta
Flora and Fauna
Science: Earth Sciences: Paleontology: Micropaleontology: Diatoms
Chesapeake and Coastal Bay Life - Diatoms
- Fact sheets on the diatom genera and species found in Maryland in Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries.
Cohn Lab Center For Diatom Research
- Dedicated to expanding research and general knowledge of diatoms, includes basic introductions about diatoms, and information about the laboratory and the research undertaken.
- Small photograph gallery of these organisms.
- Information on these ubiquitous organisms including their fossil record, classification, biology and life cycle with a number of images of individual species.
- Article by Wim van Egmond introducing these delicate unicellular organisms that have yellow-brown chloroplasts that enables them to photosynthesize, with fine photographs.
- Student project including classification, habitat, adaptation, nutrition, reproduction and interactions with other species.
Diatoms in a Different Light
- Article by Roland Mortimer on these organisms, with a small image gallery of different freshwater species.
The Diatoms of Bitter Lake National Wildlife Refuge
- Photographic study by David B. Richman of the diatoms living in lakes in this high-gypsum environment.
Diatomées des Eaux Douces
- Photographs and descriptions of fresh water diatoms and fossil diatoms. French and English.
Great Lakes Diatoms
- Collection of images, classified by morphology and by genus.
Introduction to Bacillariophyta (the Diatoms)
- Information about the fossil record, life history and ecology, systematics, and morphology.
Major Groups of Diatom
- Provides a facility for identifying diatoms based on their major morphological characteristics.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 9, 2015 at 3:54:13 UTC -