become an editor
the entire directory
only in Plantae/Polypodiophyta
Flora and Fauna
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Plantae: Polypodiophyta
Home: Gardening: Plants: Ferns
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Plantae: Pteridophyta
American Fern Society
- Information on the biology and cultivation of ferns; activities of the society including a spore exchange and publication of Fiddlehead Forum, American Fern Journal, and Pteridologia.
- The Delta database provides botanical descriptions of all species found in the British Isles.
Ferns et al of New England and Bermuda
- Lists all native pteridophyte species and some hybrids, with photographs of most and data pages for some.
Ferns of Great Britain and Ireland
- Small images of 39 antique prints by Thomas Moore, 1855.
Ferns of the Canberra Region
- A site about ferns in southeastern Australia, their ecology, how to grow them, information on ferns in general, with numerous photographs.
- Introduction to ferns from the Tree of Life project.
Gallery of Connecticut Ferns
- Photos and brief information indexed by common and scientific names.
Introduction to the Ferns
- The ferns are an ancient lineage of plants, dating back to at least the Devonian. They include three living groups - Marattiales, Ophioglossales, and leptosporangiate ferns - as well as a couple of extinct groups.
- Next to the flowering plants, the leptosporangiate ferns are the most diverse group of living land plants. Estimates place their diversity at about 12,000 species in around 300 genera. This page is part of the tree of life phylogeny project.
Native Ferns for Cool Climates
- Information on the cultivation of Australian native ferns with a species list.
Neotropical Fern Genera
- Key to the genera of neotropical ferns provided by PhytoImages.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 24, 2013 at 5:35:09 UTC -