the entire directory
only in Plantae/Bryophyte
Flora and Fauna
Science: Biology: Botany: Bryology
This category in other languages:
Andrew's Moss Site
- Photographs of mosses and a key to identifying the mosses and liverworts of northwest Europe.
Bryophyte - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The bryophytes are those land plants that have tissues and enclosed reproductive systems but lack vascular tissue that circulates liquids. They neither flower nor produce seeds but reproduce via spores.
- Provides diagrams showing the relationships between the major lineages of green algae and land plants.
- Images of bryophytes and their characteristics.
- Information about bryophytes, their importance, how to identify them and checklists for Hong Kong.
- Bryology at The Royal Botanic Gardens, Edinburgh.
Mosses and Allies
- Photographs and information on the mosses, liverworts and hornworts.
Mosses and Liverworts, Simple Plants?
- Article by Jan Parmentier on these plants and their reproductive structures, with photomicrographs.
Mosses, Liverworts and Hornworts in Wales
- Produced by a member of the Countryside Council for Wales, this site gives an overview of what bryophytes are, the habitats where they can be found in Wales and their conservation.
Wild About Britain: Flowerless Plants
- Provides a gallery of photographs of mosses, liverworts, ferns and horsetails.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 10, 2015 at 7:05:05 UTC -