the entire directory
only in Plantae/Bryophyte
Flora and Fauna
Science: Biology: Botany: Bryology
This category in other languages:
Andrew's Moss Site
- Photographs of mosses and a key to identifying the mosses and liverworts of northwest Europe.
- Information on current research on the bryophyte flora of continental southern Italy and Albania.
Bryophyte - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The bryophytes are those land plants that have tissues and enclosed reproductive systems but lack vascular tissue that circulates liquids. They neither flower nor produce seeds but reproduce via spores.
- Provides diagrams showing the relationships between the major lineages of green algae and land plants.
- Images of bryophytes and their characteristics.
Bryophyte Specialist Group
- The world conservation union and Species Survival Commission. Includes the red list of approximately 92 endangered bryophytes.
- Information about bryophytes, their importance, how to identify them and checklists for Hong Kong.
- Bryology at The Royal Botanic Gardens, Edinburgh.
Mosses and Allies
- Photographs and information on the mosses, liverworts and hornworts.
Mosses and Liverworts, Simple Plants?
- Article by Jan Parmentier on these plants and their reproductive structures, with photomicrographs.
Mosses, Liverworts and Hornworts in Wales
- Produced by a member of the Countryside Council for Wales, this site gives an overview of what bryophytes are, the habitats where they can be found in Wales and their conservation.
SUMO: Non Flowering Plants
- Definitions of some of the specialized terminology used in describing flowerless plants.
Wild About Britain: Flowerless Plants
- Provides a gallery of photographs of mosses, liverworts, ferns and horsetails.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 30, 2014 at 6:35:07 UTC -