the entire directory
only in Flora_and_Fauna/Plantae
Flora and Fauna
Fossil Plant Groups
Home: Gardening: Plants
Recreation: Outdoors: Wildlife: Plants
Recreation: Pets: Fish and Aquaria: Plants
Science: Biology: Botany
Science: Biology: Genetics: Eukaryotic: Plant
This category in other languages:
Albion College Vascular Plant Image Gallery
- Taxonomically arranged images and summaries of family characteristics.
Atlas of Florida Vascular Plants
- A searchable database compiled by the Institute of Systematic Botany at the University of South Florida with maps, citations, and images and species lists for each county.
Australian Native Plants
- Photographs of Australian plants with fact sheets, distribution maps and conservation notes
Australian Plant Name Index
- Searchable database from the Centre for Plant Biodiversity Research.
Botanical Word Meanings and Name Derivations
- References on California plant names, meanings and derivations from Latin and Greek roots, with biographical information on western botanists and collectors.
- Provides a virtual herbarium with photographs and descriptions of a range of species, a catalogue of localities and information on endangered and protected plants in the Czech Republic.
The Bulgarian Flora Online
- Provides a brief description and photographs of each species found in the country.
- Searchable database all 8375 currently recognized vascular plants in California, including 20000 photographs.
Canary Islands Flora
- Detailed information and photos of the habitats and plants of these volcanic islands off the coast of Africa.
- Information and photos of many species of caudiciforms - plants with thickened bases.
Centre for Plant Biodiversity Research and Australian National Herbarium
- Information about the Australian National Botanic Gardens, Australian plants, access to databases on living plants, herbarium specimens and photographs.
Dictionary of Botanical Epithets
- Glossary of Latin terms used in species names, from abbreviatulus to yunnanensis.
Discover Life - Plantae
- Checklists, images, maps, and identification guides.
- Electronic atlas project for the plants of British Columbia, covering life forms from vascular plants to algae, and topics from identification to scientific collections.
- Collection of online floras, including the Flora of China, Flora of North America, Flora of Missouri, Flora of Pakistan, and Trees and Shrubs of the Andes of Ecuador.
- Online version of the series of books produced between 1840 and 1906 by editors Carl Friedrich Philipp von Martius, August Wilhelm Eichler and Ignatz Urban with the participation of 65 specialists. [English and Portuguese versions].
Flora Danica Online
- One of the world’s great botanical works, this was started in 1752 but not completed until 1883. The 3,240 engravings in folio of all the wild plants of Denmark are now available online.
- A search for Swedish and Latin botanical names, classified by family.
Flora of Europe
- Photographic herbarium organized by plant family and genus, with botanical descriptions and photos. Personal project, with about 60 families represented.
Flora of Hokkaido, Japan
- Distribution maps and a check list of vascular plants found growing in Hokkaido.
Flora of Northern Ireland
- A plant database with photographs, information on rare plants and their habitats, searchable by habitat, species, plant family and common names.
FloraBase - The Western Australia Flora
- Authoritative scientific information on 12,000 taxa in Western Australia, including maps, images, descriptions, specimen, and nomenclatural information. Requires registration.
FloraGREIF: Virtual Flora of Mongolia
- Open source project aiming to provide an information source for botanists, plant ecologists and students of botany or ecology working in applied projects.
Flowers in Israel
- Photo galleries of Israeli wildflowers and native plants.
Forestry Images - Plants
- Small collection of plant imagery, from University of Georgia.
Greek Mountain Flora
- A plant database with photographs of the mountain flora of Greece.
Hawaiian Native Plant Genera
- Images of hundreds of species of ferns, fern allies, and flowering plants, arranged by genus.
- Web-based volunteer project to digitize and catalog museum and university herbarium collections held in the UK.
Hong Kong Flora and Vegetation
- Discusses plant diversity and adaptations and how plants improve the air and water quality, prevent soil erosion and water runoff, and provide food and shelter for the local fauna. Includes information on plant study sites and trails chosen by the Quality Education Fund and a checlist of plant species.
Illustrated Flora of North Central Texas
- Information including keys, descriptions and illustrations of species available in Adobe pdf format by Shinners and Mahler.
Illustrated Guide to Arizona Weeds
- Online version of the book by Kittie F. Parker.
Index Nominum Genericorum
- A collaborative project of the International Association for Plant Taxonomy and the Smithsonian Institution, providing a compilation of generic names published for all organisms covered by the International Code of Botanical Nomenclature.
International Plant Names Index
- Database of the names and associated basic bibliographical details of all seed plants.
Introduction to the Green Kingdom
- Brief introduction to the plant kingdom with links to further information.
Inventory of the Plants of Pakistan
- Information about the project to publish a complete Flora of Pakistan.
- Images of native plants in Jordan with no explanatory text.
Kew Record of Taxonomic Literature
- Database of references to publications on the taxonomy of flowering plants, gymnosperms, and ferns.
- A growing directory of the hierarchy from Kingdom down to species. Includes descriptive pages on selected species.
Names in Current Use for Extant Plant Genera
- International Association for Plant Taxonomy searchable database.
The Oldest Land Plants
- Introduction to the first land plants, known from fossils.
Pacific Northwest Plants
- Provides a database for plant identification, culture and usage for the Northwest, including native and introduced species and their major varieties and cultivars.
- Einar Vaernes has produced a photograph gallery of Norwegian plants that he has photographed near Trondheim.
Plant Resources Center of the University of Texas at Austin
- Herbarium holding the world's largest collection of Texas plant specimens. Site offers history, and information about staff and facility use.
Plants for a Future
- Information about a wide range of edible or otherwise useful plants, sorted by names and potential uses. Includes a searchable database.
PLANTS National Database
- Online USDA database of information, images, and links on plants in the USA, including crops and invasives. Search by name, geographic distribution, or other characteristics.
- Txflora is a dynamic plant search and identification guide for the flora of Texas.
- Publicly accessible botanical database organizing millions of plant specimens, images, and bibliographic references, from the Bioinformatics Department at the Missouri Botanical Garden.
University of Manchester: British Flowering Plants
- Searchable, illustrated collection.
Vascular Plants of North Central Florida
- Checklist of plants, subdivided by form, with common names.
West African Plants
- A photo guide and identification tool for vascular plants of West Africa with an easy to use multi-entry key of 18 characters.
Wisconsin Vascular Plant Species
- A checklist of naturally occurring vascular plants in Wisconsin with photographs, distribution maps and habitat descriptions.
World Checklist of Selected Plant Families
- Enter a family, genus, or genus and species to see accepted names and world distribution of plants in 150 families. Maintained by the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew, Surrey, UK.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 1, 2015 at 15:05:12 UTC -