become an editor
the entire directory
only in Bacteria/Firmicutes
Flora and Fauna
- Research project by Mickayla Cottor on this deadly bacterium, including its classification, habitat, reproduction, adaptations, nutrition and the disease it causes.
Bacillus anthracis and Anthrax
- Todar's Online Textbook of Bacteriology chapter with information on the bacterium that causes anthrax.
Bacillus cereus Food Poisoning
- Chapter from Todar's Online Textbook of Bacteriology with information on this bacterium that causes food poisoning.
- Information from Wikipedia on this gram-positive bacterium, its classification, pathology and commercial uses.
- Research project by Philip Strandwitz on this bacterium including its classification, habitat and geography, reproduction, adaptations, the conditions it causes and the uses of its toxin, Botox, in cosmetic surgery.
- Information from Wikipedia on this bacillus, its bacteriology, role in disease, diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
- Research project by Jaklin Kumm at the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse.
- Research project by Brennen Unrein on this anaerobic pathogenic bacterium which causes tetanus, including its classification, nutrition, adaptation and pathology.
- Information from Wikipedia on this division of bacteria, most of which are gram-positive, and their classification.
Flesh Eating Bacteria: Streptococcus pyogenes
- Peter Falk provides information on this bacterium, its classification, phylogeny, habitat, the diseases it causes and their treatment.
The Genus Bacillus
- Chapter from Todar's Online Textbook of Bacteriology with information on gram-positive aerobic endospore-forming bacteria, including members of the genus Bacillus.
Lactic Acid Bacteria
- Chapter from Todar's Online Textbook of Bacteriology on the basic biology of these bacteria and their use in the manufacture of yogurt, cheese and other fermented milks.
Lactobacillus delbruekii subsp. bulgaricus
- Amber Kahl provides information on this bacterium used in the production of yoghurt, its classification, life history and the processes involved in fermenting the milk.
- Chapter from Todar's Online Textbook of Bacteriology with information on the bacterium that causes listeriosis, a food-borne disease.
- Research project by Heidi Seubert on methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus including its classification, adaptations, symptoms and treatment.
- Information from Wikipedia on this genus of bacteria that lack cell walls, their history, characteristics, taxonomy and phylogeny.
- Research project by Garrett Blumer on this bacterium that causes mastitis in cows, including its classification, habitat, reproduction, adaptations and nutrition.
- Travis Wojtowicz provides information on the organism which is a common cause for bacterial pneumonia infections, its structure and genome, and the disease it causes, its diagnosis and treatment.
Pathogenic Clostridia, Including Botulism and Tetanus
- Todar's Online Textbook of Bacteriology chapter deals with clostridia, anaerobic bacteria that cause tetanus, botulism, food poisoning, gas gangrene and antibiotic-associated diarrhea.
Staphylococcus aureus and Staphylococcal Disease
- Chapter from Todar's Online Textbook of Bacteriology with information on the bacterium Staphylococcus, including MRSA.
- This bacterium causes tooth decay and Amber Allmann provides information on its classification, habitat, adaptation, nutrition, reproduction and interaction with humans.
- Chapter from Todar's Online Textbook of Bacteriology with information on Streptococcus pneumoniae, the most common cause of lobar pneumonia.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 17, 2015 at 13:54:08 UTC -