become an editor
the entire directory
only in Bacteria/Cyanobacteria
Flora and Fauna
Chesapeake and Coastal Bay Life - Cyanobacteria
- About the "blue-green algae" found in Maryland in the Chesapeake Bay and tributaries, including species of Anabaena, Microcystis, Merismopedia, and Oscillatoria.
- Architects of earth's atmosphere.
- Information on these algae, the earliest organisms to be preserved in the fossil record, with a diagram and photomicrographs of Anabaena.
- Information on this major group of bacteria, often misleadingly called blue-green algae, with some videos from the Microbiology Video Library.
- A newsletter intended to provide cyanobacteriologists with a forum for rapid informal communication.
- Research and information about cyanobacteria, blue-green algae, and prochlorophytes. Includes image gallery, CyBib bibliographic database, a links library, protocols and media, directories, and announcements.
- Light micrograph of blue-green algae, a movie showing endosymbiosis and some quick facts.
Tiny Fossils may be Earth’s Oldest Life
- Article from the New Scientist on studies by William Schopf of UCLA of certain ancient Australian rocks using a technique called laser Raman analysis.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 17:57:08 UTC -