become an editor
the entire directory
only in Bacteria/Cyanobacteria
Flora and Fauna
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Monera: Bacteria: Cyanobacteria
Chesapeake and Coastal Bay Life - Cyanobacteria
- About the "blue-green algae" found in Maryland in the Chesapeake Bay and tributaries, including species of Anabaena, Microcystis, Merismopedia, and Oscillatoria.
- Architects of earth's atmosphere.
- Information on these algae, the earliest organisms to be preserved in the fossil record, with a diagram and photomicrographs of Anabaena.
- Information on this major group of bacteria, often misleadingly called blue-green algae, with some videos from the Microbiology Video Library.
- A newsletter intended to provide cyanobacteriologists with a forum for rapid informal communication.
- Research and information about cyanobacteria, blue-green algae, and prochlorophytes. Includes image gallery, CyBib bibliographic database, a links library, protocols and media, directories, and announcements.
- Light micrograph of blue-green algae, a movie showing endosymbiosis and some quick facts.
Tiny Fossils may be Earth’s Oldest Life
- Article from the New Scientist on studies by William Schopf of UCLA of certain ancient Australian rocks using a technique called laser Raman analysis.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 2, 2007 5:57:08 PM EST -