become an editor
the entire directory
only in Monera/Bacteria
Flora and Fauna
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Monera: Bacteria
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Bacterial
Science: Biology: Genetics: Prokaryotic: Bacteria
Science: Biology: Microbiology
A theory of the lifecycle of bacteria
- Paper by Y Heyman who investigated the viability kinetics of activated sludge, the death rate of viable cells and the hydrolysis rate of dead cells.
An Overview of Bacteria.
- Article by Matt Emery provides an introduction to these microbes with several images of stained cultures.
- Information regarding the on-going sequencing and annotation of the Azotobacter vinelandii genome.
- Article by Wim van Egmond on these microbes with photographs of Cyanobacteria and the green Anabaena.
- Information from Wikipedia on these unicellular organisms.
Bacteria: Basic Facts
- Provides an explanation of what bacteria are, the meaning of the terms gram positive and negative, and other information, with a case history of a post-operative patient to consider.
- Information on how bacteria move, with several videos from the Microbiology Video Library.
- A place to find out the most current name for a bacterium.
- Information on autotrophic bacteria that use only inorganic nutrients, and heterotrophic bacteria that require an organic source of carbon, with videos from the Microbiology Video Library.
- Provides images of the causative agents of Anthrax, Yersinia and several generalised bacterial cells including the walls of gram positive and gram negative cells.
- Provides a data repository of bacteriocin natural antimicrobial peptides, developed by PFBA in Tunisia in collaboration with INAF, Laval University, Canada.
Empire Biota: A Comprehensive Taxonomy
- Article proposing a high level phylogenetic (cladistic) taxonomy based primarily on classical evidence for all life and particularly the phenotypic evidence for bacteria.
- The Tree of Life web project provides a classification of the true bacteria.
Introduction to the Bacteria
- Topics include morphology, systematics, life history and ecology, and the fossil record.
List of Bacterial Names with Standing in Nomenclature
- Alphabetically and chronologically arranged lists of taxa, with additional information on bacterial taxonomy.
Taxonomy Browser (Eubacteria)
- Shows the relationships among the recognized groups, and samples yet to be named or classified.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, April 19, 2010 7:00:09 PM EDT -