become an editor
the entire directory
only in Monera/Bacteria
Flora and Fauna
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Bacterial
Science: Biology: Genetics: Prokaryotic: Bacteria
Science: Biology: Microbiology
- Article by Wim van Egmond on these microbes with photographs of Cyanobacteria and the green Anabaena.
- Information from Wikipedia on these unicellular organisms.
- A place to find out the most current name for a bacterium.
- Provides images of the causative agents of Anthrax, Yersinia and several generalised bacterial cells including the walls of gram positive and gram negative cells.
- Provides a data repository of bacteriocin natural antimicrobial peptides, developed by PFBA in Tunisia in collaboration with INAF, Laval University, Canada.
- The Tree of Life web project provides a classification of the true bacteria.
Introduction to the Bacteria
- Topics include morphology, systematics, life history and ecology, and the fossil record.
List of Bacterial Names with Standing in Nomenclature
- Alphabetically and chronologically arranged lists of taxa, with additional information on bacterial taxonomy.
An Overview of Bacteria.
- Article by Matt Emery provides an introduction to these microbes with several images of stained cultures.
Taxonomy Browser (Eubacteria)
- Shows the relationships among the recognized groups, and samples yet to be named or classified.
A theory of the lifecycle of bacteria
- Paper by Y Heyman who investigated the viability kinetics of activated sludge, the death rate of viable cells and the hydrolysis rate of dead cells.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 17, 2015 at 13:54:09 UTC -