become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fungi/Zygomycota
Flora and Fauna
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Fungi: Zygomycota
This category in other languages:
Black Bread Mold
- Information from Wikipedia on Rhizopus stolonifer which is widely distributed and is to be found growing on aged bread and soft fruits.
- Photograph of a squash infected by this pathogen.
Gametangia of Amoebophilus simplex
- Photomicrograph of the reproductive structures of this species.
The Role of Fungi in the Production of Chocolate
- Tom Volk explains how Acaulospora scrobiculata forms a mycorrhizal relationship with the cacao tree, and other fungi help ferment the fruit pulp in the chocolate making process.
- Several photographs of this pin mould infecting other fungal fruiting bodies.
- Information from Wikipedia on this phylum of fungi the members of which are molds living on soil or decaying plant or animal material.
Zygomycota - Conjugating Fungi
- Illustrated outline of the classification of the Zygomycota, with 26 pictures and explanatory text.
Zygomycota: Microscopic Pin or Sugar Molds
- Information from the Tree of Life Web Project on these molds, including their characteristics and phylogenetic relationships and a glossary of terms.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, August 24, 2007 1:32:31 AM EDT -