become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fungi/Deuteromycota
Flora and Fauna
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Fungi: Deuteromycota
- This fungus causes White Muscadine Disease in insects. Information on its life cycle and how it may be used to control the European corn borer, Ostrinia nubilalis.
- Photographs of a cicada and a beetle killed by this fungus.
- Photographs and information on this species which is an aggressive parasite of insects, killing the flies it infects.
- Article by Tom Volk on this fungus, a parasite which causes Chestnut Blight and which has devastated the chestnut trees of North America.
- Information from Wikipedia on this group of anamorphic fungi, also known as Fungi imperfecti or mitosporic fungi, that are known only in an asexually reproducing form.
- Article by Tom Volk on this fungus which is a frequent cause of the condition Athlete’s Foot.
- Photograph of this species which causes dandruff.
- Description of this fungus which colonises skin, with information on its pathogenicity and clinical significance, and its macroscopic and microscopic features.
- Information from Wikipedia on this fungus which can be used to kill harmful nematodes.
- Tom Volk provides photographs and information on this fungus, found growing in a kangaroo's pouch, which provides a missing link between fungi and plants.
- Information on the life cycle of this fungus which is the causal agent of one of the most important foliar diseases of wheat.
- Illustrated article by Tom Volk and Nik Zitomer on this deuteromycete mold which is believed to cause “sick building syndrome”.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, October 22, 2007 1:01:57 PM EDT -