become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fungi/Chytridiomycota
Flora and Fauna
Chytrid Fungus and Chytridiomycosis
- Information on the newly discovered fungus, Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis, which is devastating populations of amphibia around the world.
- Information from Wikipedia on the classification of this division of the kingdom Fungi whose members mostly live in water and are able to metabolise chitin and keratin.
Chytridiomycota: 14 Clades of Flagellated Fungi
- Paper on the molecular phylogeny of Chytridiomycota with a description of a new phylum, the Blastocladiomycota. [PDF]
- Photographs of lesions caused by this chytridiomycete fungus and magnified images of sporangia.
Simple Fungi: Phyla Chytridiomycota and Oomycota
- Illustrated outline of the classification and economic significance of the Chytridiomycota and Oomycota.
- Information from Wikipedia on this chytrid fungus that causes potato wart disease, its systematics, morphology, life cycle and ecology.
- Photographs of ribwort plantain infected by this chytrid and magnified images of the spores.
- Photographs of devil’s bit scabious infected by this chytrid and magnified images of the spores.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 18, 2013 at 2:13:28 UTC -