become an editor
the entire directory
only in Basidiomycota/Ustilaginales
Flora and Fauna
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Fungi: Basidiomycota: Ustilaginales
Bunt or Stinking Smut
- Tilletia tritici causes this infection in wheat. Photographs and information on this fungus.
- Photographs of leaves affected by Exobasidium rostrupii and Exobasidium vaccinii.
- Several photographs of foliage affected by this species. Text in Polish.
- Photographs of this species and its typical habitat.
- Urocystis agropyri can affect wheat and other grass species, the plants affected being severely stunted. Photographs and information on this fungus.
- Ustilago nuda is the infective organism in this condition which affects wheat. Photographs and information.
- Information from Wikipedia on this order of fungi, members of which are serious plant pathogens and commonly called smuts.
- Photographs of maize infected by this species.
- Article by Tom Volk on this species which causes corn smut infecting the corn ears, but eaten as a delicacy in Mexico.
- Microscopic image.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, August 26, 2012 9:54:04 AM EDT -