the entire directory
only in Fungi/Basidiomycota
Flora and Fauna
This category in other languages:
Agaricomycotina: Jelly Fungi, Yeasts, and Mushrooms
- Information from the Tree of Life Web Project on this clade of the Basidiomycota including characteristics and a discussion of their phylogenetic relationships.
Basidiomycetes of the Greater Antilles
- Highlights research on the basidiomycetes of Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, and Jamaica. Includes information on the range of habitats in this area and an illustrated species list.
- Details from Wikipedia on the classification and typical life-cycle of members of this phylum.
- Information on members of this phylum from MicrobeWiki, the student-edited microbiology resource, including their description and significance, cell structure and metabolism, and ecology.
Basidiomycota: The Club Fungi
- Extensive information from the Tree of Life Web Project on this phylum including characteristics of the group and a discussion of their phylogenetic relationships.
Charismatic Megafungi: The Conservation of Waxcap Grasslands
- Article on the largely unseen fungi which are an important part of ancient pastures. [PDF]
- Information about the systematics, ecology, and evolution of basidiomycetous fungi having a yeast stage.
A Gallery of Scanning Electron Micrographs
- Paul Stamets provides a number of images of spores and basidia.
Glossary of Terms
- A useful list of the technical terms used in the study of fungi.
- Information and photographs of jelly fungi from the three orders Tremellales, Auriculariales and Dacrymycetales.
- These fungi are so named because their fruiting body appears to be the consistency of jelly. They are found in the orders Tremellales, Auriculariales, and Dacrymycetales.
Key to Gilled Mushrooms and Polypores
- Key to the species found in the Great Lakes area of North America. Includes a glossary of terms.
- Information on a number of species of fungi that may be found growing on the lawn.
Order Tremellales, Auriculariales, Uredinales and Ustilaginales
- Many photographs of the rusts and smuts of the Uredinales and Ustilaginales, and a few of the jelly-like Tremellales.
Springbrook Research Centre
- Environmental studies and observations of bioluminescent organisms and bioluminescent fungi at the Springbrook Research Centre, Queensland, Australia.
- Illustrated account of the Basidiomycetes.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 11, 2015 at 11:24:07 UTC -