become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ascomycota/Saccharomycetaceae
Flora and Fauna
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Fungi: Ascomycota: Saccharomycetaceae
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Fungal: Candida
- Information from Wikipedia on this genus of yeasts which can cause infections, their classification and characteristics.
- Information on this dimorphic fungus and the infection it causes, with a video from the Microbiology Video Library.
The History of Bread Yeast
- Information on Saccharomyces cerevisiae and its use by man from the time of the ancient Egyptians up to modern day commercial production.
National Collection of Yeast Cultures
- NCYC is the UK's premier collection of yeast cultures, holding over 3400 strains, and offers a range of services for the identification and characterisation of yeasts.
- Microscopic image of bread yeast.
- Article by Tom Volk on the yeast used by bakers and brewers.
- Information on brewer’s or baker’s yeast, with photomicrographs and an explanation of the fermentation process.
- Research project by Andrew Nelson providing information on the yeast used in baking and brewing, its classification, adaptations, life cycle and importance.
- Microscopic image.
- Information from Wikipedia on yeasts, their biology, uses and pathogenic status, with many photographs.
- Notes for students on this large group of non-mycelial, single-celled, Ascomycote fungi.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 25, 2013 at 11:52:05 UTC -