the entire directory
only in Flora_and_Fauna/Fungi
Flora and Fauna
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Fungal
Recreation: Food: Wild Foods: Fungi
Recreation: Outdoors: Wildlife: Mushrooms
Science: Biology: Genetics: Eukaryotic: Fungal
Science: Biology: Microbiology
Science: Biology: Mycology
This category in other languages:
The Biology of Resurrection: Life After Death in Fungi
- Notes from a seminar given by Stephen G. Saupe on the ability some fungi have to revive after dessication, leading to the conclusion that life is nothing more, nothing less than the arrangement of certain molecules
CABI Bioscience Databases: Index Fungorum
- Searchable taxonomic databases of the fungi.
A Closer Look at Mushrooms
- Photographic introduction to fungi including photomicrographs of gills, pores and ascopores.
Deuteromycetes or Fungi imperfecti
- Article on these fungi which which only reproduce asexually and can be found and cultured from such unexpected places as coins and bank notes.
Digital Photography for the Field Mycologist
- Article by Paul F Hamlyn on identifying fungi, making spore prints and examining spores under the microscope, with photographic images.
Discover Life: Fungi
- Checklists, images, and identification guides for fungi.
A Few Facts about Fungi
- Fungi affect all aspects of life. Here are some of the things not commonly known about them.
The Fifth Kingdom
- Introduction to the world of fungi for both amateurs and experts. Includes over 800 photographs.
Fungi of Poland
- Photographs and description of thousands species of macrofungi growing in Poland and Central Europe. Includes a determination key. In English and Polish.
- Provides an introduction to the biology of fungi for students or anyone with an interest in this Kingdom.
Fungi that are Necessary for a Merry Christmas
- Light hearted look at the many uses fungi are put to in everyday life.
- An illustrated article from Wikipedia on this Kingdom which covers organisms as diverse as mushrooms, bakers yeast, wood decay fungi and penicillium.
Girdwood Fungus Fair
- The official site for this event with up to date information and pictures of common, edible, or interesting mushrooms of Girdwood Alaska.
- Information from Wikipedia on this class of fungi in the phylum Deuteromycota that lack fruiting bodies.
I Love Fungi
- Photographic article by M. Halit Umar on the theme that life is a continuous interaction between organisms.
Introduction to the Fungi
- Brief introduction to this kingdom with links to further information.
Macrofungi of Costa Rica
- Images and keys for mushrooms and other forms found in the regions of Costa Rica that have been explored by the authors. Several images of common as well as unusual and apparently new species.
- A personal account of the result of failing to properly identify a fungus before eating it.
Mycorrhizas and Symbiosis
- Article by M. Halit Umar on the cooperative arrangements between various fungi and the roots of green plants, with photomicrographs showing the processes involved.
Predatory Fungi, Wood Decay and the Carbon Cycle
- Well illustrated article by George Barron outlining his research into wood-rotting fungi which attack nematodes and other micro-organisms for food.
- Information from Wikipedia on the fruiting bodies of fungi, with photographs of the basidiocarps of Amanita muscaria and an ascocarp of Sarcoscypha austriaca.
Tom Volk’s Fungi
- A quirky view on all things mycological, including a large image collection. An excellent resource.
Treasures from the Kingdom of Fungi
- Beautiful, educational, and artistic photographs of mushrooms and other fungi by Taylor F. Lockwood. Includes an online game and a stock photo catalogue.
Types of Fungi
- Illustrated notes explaining the difference between Basidiomycetes and Ascomycetes.
Wild Mushrooms Online
- Provides information on the identification of edible and poisonous wild mushrooms in the UK, where to find them and how to pick them.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 11, 2015 at 7:45:04 UTC -