become an editor
the entire directory
only in Animalia/Porifera
Flora and Fauna
Science: Earth Sciences: Paleontology: Invertebrates: Sponges
This category in other languages:
Hermit Crab Sponges
- An article by Floyd Sandford about the sponges that are carried around by hermit crabs.
Introduction to Porifera
- A good start on the biology of sponges, including phylogeny, life history, and ecology.
Khoyatan Sponge Page - Sponges of The Northeast Pacific
- Photographs of four Classes of sponges in the Khoyatan Marine Laboratory.
Nonindigenous Aquatic Species: Sponges
- Species list from the USGS on the nonindigenous sponges found in US waters, with factsheets and collection details.
Phylum Porifera (Sponges)
- Description of the sponges and their taxonomy, from the Animal Diversity Web.
Porifera Biology on the WWW
- A central clearinghouse for sponge researchers, including a porifera listserver bulletin board and who's who in sponge research.
- Links to a number of sponge-related sites.
- Article by William Amos on sponges and their general biology, and the pistol shrimp and other creatures that live inside their chambers.
Sponges of Northern California Fouling Communities
- Gallery of photographs of a number of species.
- Photographs and information on a number of species found around the coasts of Britain, provided by the Marine Life Information Network.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 27, 2013 at 14:54:08 UTC -