become an editor
the entire directory
only in Animalia/Nematoda
Flora and Fauna
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Parasitic: Lymphatic Filariasis
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Parasitic: Onchocerciasis
Science: Biology: Developmental Biology: Model Organisms: Nematodes
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Pseudocoelomates
This category in other languages:
959 Nematode Genomes
- Collaborative wiki which collates information on completed, ongoing and planned genome and transcriptome sequencing projects on species from the phylum Nematoda.
- Information on the nematode, Angiostrongylus cantonensis, which can cause meningitis, and diagrams and information on its life cycle.
- Information from Wikipedia on this nematode that lives in the swimbladders of eels, and the life cycle of the parasite.
- Information on the nematodes, Anisakis simplex and Pseudoterranova decipiens, which can infect humans who eat raw fish, with diagrams and information on their life cycle.
- Research project on this marine parasitic nematode by Rachel Nelson at the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse.
The Big Red Worm
- Photographs and information on these parasitic organisms, Eustrongylides ignotus and Eustrogylides tubifex.
Brainworm Nematode: Parelaphostrongylus tenuis
- Photographs and information on this parasitic organism and its life cycle.
Caenorhabditis elegans Movies
- Links to films showing the growth and development of C. elegans from researchers worldwide, housed in the laboratory of Bob Goldstein at UNC Chapel Hill.
- Provides an illustrated key to the genera of free-living marine nematodes in this superfamily.
- Greg Eddy provides information on the Dog Heartworm, its classification, adaptation, habitat, nutrition, reproduction and interaction with its host.
- Nematode transcriptome analyses of the dog heartworm.
- Information on the nematode Dracunculus medinensis which can infect humans and cause guinea worm disease, with a diagram and information on its life cycle.
- Embryonic development is described with links to illustrated movies.
- Information from Wikipedia on these roundworms that are lethal insect parasitoids, and some of which are used in the biological control of insect populations.
- Information on the nematodes Gnathostoma spinigerum and Gnathostoma hispidum which can infect vertebrates, with a diagram and information on their life cycle.
- Photographic study by Walter Dioni on this and other nematodes found living in a cockroach with many detailed images.
- Information from Wikipedia on this parasitic nematode, Dirofilaria immitis, which is spread by mosquitoes.
- Information on the nematodes Ancylostoma duodenale and Necator americanus which can invade and parasatize humans, and a diagram and information on their life cycle.
Longevity and Ageing in Parasitic and Free-living Nematodes
- Paper by David Gems examining the great variability in ageing patterns observed in different nematode species. [PDF]
Max Planck Institute for Biotechnology
- The Streit Lab studies spatiotemporal control of homeotic genes in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans.
- The Nematode-Plant Expert Information System, a virtual encyclopedia on soil and plant nematodes, developed and maintained at the University of California, Davis.
- Phylogenetic information from the Tree of Life Web Project.
Nematode Species List
- Nematodes listed alphabetically by genera.
- An introduction to the roundworms. Includes characteristics, ecology, anatomy, classification and information on the species that parasatise humans.
- Bilaterally symmetrical, worm-like organisms.
Plant and Insect Parasitic Nematodes
- A mass of information on nematodes, their study, surveys, agricultural issues, identification and systematics.
Predatory Nematode: Mononchus
- Photographs and information on these non-parasitic organisms.
Soil Inhabiting Nematodes
- Introduction to soil nematodes, their classification, feeding habits, place in the community and function in the decomposition process, with an anatomical diagram of a typical plant parasitic species.
- Information on the nematode Strongyloides stercoralis which can infect humans, and a diagram and information on its complex life cycle.
- Research project by Andrew Maiers at the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse.
- Information on Trypanosoma cruzi, the causal agent of Chagas disease which is transmitted by blood-sucking triatomine bugs, with diagrams and information on the life cycle of the parasite.
Wormatlas: Caenorhabditis elegans
- A database of behavioral and structural anatomy.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 29, 2015 at 7:24:09 UTC -