become an editor
the entire directory
only in Animalia/Nematoda
Flora and Fauna
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Parasitic: Lymphatic Filariasis
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Parasitic: Onchocerciasis
Science: Biology: Developmental Biology: Model Organisms: Nematodes
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Pseudocoelomates
This category in other languages:
959 Nematode Genomes
- Collaborative wiki which collates information on completed, ongoing and planned genome and transcriptome sequencing projects on species from the phylum Nematoda.
- Information on the nematode, Angiostrongylus cantonensis, which can cause meningitis, and diagrams and information on its life cycle.
- Information from Wikipedia on this nematode that lives in the swimbladders of eels, and the life cycle of the parasite.
- Information on the nematodes, Anisakis simplex and Pseudoterranova decipiens, which can infect humans who eat raw fish, with diagrams and information on their life cycle.
- Research project on this marine parasitic nematode by Rachel Nelson at the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse.
The Big Red Worm
- Photographs and information on these parasitic organisms, Eustrongylides ignotus and Eustrogylides tubifex.
Brainworm Nematode: Parelaphostrongylus tenuis
- Photographs and information on this parasitic organism and its life cycle.
Caenorhabditis elegans Movies
- Links to films showing the growth and development of C. elegans from researchers worldwide, housed in the laboratory of Bob Goldstein at UNC Chapel Hill.
- Provides an illustrated key to the genera of free-living marine nematodes in this superfamily.
- Greg Eddy provides information on the Dog Heartworm, its classification, adaptation, habitat, nutrition, reproduction and interaction with its host.
- Nematode transcriptome analyses of the dog heartworm.
- Illustration and description of the Potato Rot Nematode, its biology, distribution within the former USSR, ecology and economic significance.
- Information on the nematode Dracunculus medinensis which can infect humans and cause guinea worm disease, with a diagram and information on its life cycle.
- Embryonic development is described with links to illustrated movies.
- Information from Wikipedia on these roundworms that are lethal insect parasitoids, and some of which are used in the biological control of insect populations.
- Information on the nematodes Gnathostoma spinigerum and Gnathostoma hispidum which can infect vertebrates, with a diagram and information on their life cycle.
- Photographic study by Walter Dioni on this and other nematodes found living in a cockroach with many detailed images.
- Information from Wikipedia on this parasitic nematode, Dirofilaria immitis, which is spread by mosquitoes.
Helminth Taxonomy: Phylum Nematoda
- The Schistosomiasis Research Group at Cambridge University provides information on the classification and taxonomy of nematodes, their lifecycles and some important parasitic groups.
- Information on the nematodes Ancylostoma duodenale and Necator americanus which can invade and parasatize humans, and a diagram and information on their life cycle.
Longevity and Ageing in Parasitic and Free-living Nematodes
- Paper by David Gems examining the great variability in ageing patterns observed in different nematode species. [PDF]
Max Planck Institute for Biotechnology
- The Streit Lab studies spatiotemporal control of homeotic genes in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans.
- The Nematode-Plant Expert Information System, a virtual encyclopedia on soil and plant nematodes, developed and maintained at the University of California, Davis.
- Phylogenetic information from the Tree of Life Web Project.
- Information on roundworms that infect humans, Ascaris lumbricoides, Enterobius vermicularis, Trichinella spiralis, Necator americanus and Ancylostoma duodenale, their morphology, life cycle and the pathology of the infections caused.
Nematode Species List
- Nematodes listed alphabetically by genera.
Nematodes: Basic Lifecycle
- University of Cambridge Schistosomiasis Research Group provides information on the common features of this large and diverse group.
- Bilaterally symmetrical, worm-like organisms.
- An introduction to the roundworms. Includes characteristics, ecology, anatomy, classification and information on the species that parasatise humans.
Plant and Insect Parasitic Nematodes
- A mass of information on nematodes, their study, surveys, agricultural issues, identification and systematics.
Predatory Nematode: Mononchus
- Photographs and information on these non-parasitic organisms.
Soil Inhabiting Nematodes
- Introduction to soil nematodes, their classification, feeding habits, place in the community and function in the decomposition process, with an anatomical diagram of a typical plant parasitic species.
- Information on the nematode Strongyloides stercoralis which can infect humans, and a diagram and information on its complex life cycle.
- Research project by Andrew Maiers at the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse.
- Information on Trypanosoma cruzi, the causal agent of Chagas disease which is transmitted by blood-sucking triatomine bugs, with diagrams and information on the life cycle of the parasite.
Wormatlas: Caenorhabditis elegans
- A database of behavioral and structural anatomy.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 8, 2015 at 6:45:02 UTC -