become an editor
the entire directory
only in Mollusca/Gastropoda
Flora and Fauna
Recreation: Pets: Fish and Aquaria: Freshwater: Species: Invertebrates
Science: Agriculture: Animals: Snails
Shopping: Food: Specialty and Gourmet: Escargot
Hardy's Internet Guide to Marine Gastropods
- A virtual encyclopedia of sea snails. The catalog is organized taxonomically, and contains pictures, common and scientific names, and basic taxonomic information for a large number of species.
- Overview of gastropod classification from the Animal Diversity Web.
- Large collection of gastropod specimen images (over 900 species) from the Philippines, rarely represented in the literature.
Freshwater Snails Of Florida
- Contains an online version of The Freshwater Snails of Florida, a manual for identification, prepared by Fred G. Thompson.
- Photomicrograph of a developing larva with a transparent shell.
- Information from Wikipedia on these univalve snails, including their distribution, habitat, description, geological history and complex classification.
- Information on gastropods from an aquarist's viewpoint. Includes pages on specific orders of gastropods, as well as a general gastropod FAQ.
Living Fossils of the Deep
- Expedition to the deep sea of The Bahamas to explore the world of slitsnails. From the Smithsonian Institutes National Museum of Natural History.
Marine Snails and Pteropods
- Photographic study by Jean-Marie Cavanihac of these marine organisms, with photographs of a typical rasping radula and some animated sequences.
NMITA Gastropod Taxonomic List
- The list provides a current systematic framework and summary of the taxonomic diversity of Panama Paleontology Project (PPP) mollusc collections collected, curated and identified from project inception till October 2000.
Rockers and Wallers
- A look at the attractive smaller landshells that live on walls and in rocky habitats, with photographs of many species found in Austria.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 27, 2015 at 11:53:58 UTC -