become an editor
the entire directory
only in Animalia/Mollusca
Flora and Fauna
Recreation: Collecting: Shells
Science: Agriculture: Aquaculture: Shellfish
Science: Biology: Zoology: Malacology
Science: Earth Sciences: Paleontology: Invertebrates: Mollusks
Shopping: Recreation: Science and Nature: Biology: Shells
This category in other languages:
- Overview of endangered, common, and exotic freshwater and marine bivalves and gastropods.
Barton Beds: Gastropods, Scaphopod, Cephalopod
- Photographs of the fossil shells of molluscs from the UK.
Catalogue of Mediterranean Seashells
- Listing of major taxa in the region in all molluscan classes with line drawings of some species.
Check List of European Marine Mollusca
- This site provides a searchable database that allows the user to search for taxonomic references by taxon, geographical locality, author or keyword.
Endangered Mollusk Images
- Pictures of North American clams and mussels from Environmental Education on the Internet (EE-Link).
Freshwater Molluscan Shells
- Martin Kohl supplies a gallery and extensive systematic information about freshwater gastropods and bivalves.
Galaxy of Images: Shells and Mollusks
- Provides images from the printed books and manuscripts in the collections of the Smithsonian Institution Libraries.
An Identification Manual for the Freshwater Snails of Florida
- Provides a key to the freshwater bivalves and gastropods of the south east US.
Keys to the Mollusks of the Hawaiian Islands
- Identification guide to Hawaiian bivalves and gastropods.
Life on Australian Seashores: Molluscs
- A useful guide to Australian marine molluscs, providing for each species a description and details of distribution, habitat and biology.
- Searchable database of marine shells and fresh-water shells and land snails, over 1,300 species in the world are listed. Many photos to aid identification. Taxonomic scheme shown.
- Information from the Tree of Life Project about mollusk systematics with references and links.
- Online material for a course at Simon Fraser University. Includes anatomical diagrams and photographs of the different classes of mollusk.
Mollusks of San Salvador, Bahamas
- Photos of representatives of the major families of bivalves and gastropods.
Mollusks: Phylum Mollusca
- A diverse group of animals that include cephalopods (squid, octopuses, cuttlefish), gastropods (nudibranchs, snails, slugs, limpets, sea hares) and bivalves (mussels, clams, oysters, scallops).
- Information about mollusks from the Animal Diversity Web.
The Phylum Mollusca
- Introduction to these organisms, with photographs and information on the various classes and their biology.
Seashells of New South Wales
- A guide to the sea shells of New South Wales, Australia, with high quality images and detailed information.
Shells of Papua
- Illustrations and information from Alan Hinton's 1974 Shells of Papua New Guinea.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 7, 2014 at 3:26:50 UTC -