become an editor
the entire directory
only in Echinodermata/Holothuroidea
Flora and Fauna
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Echinodermata: Holothuroidea
ADW: Class Holothuroidea
- Photographs and information on the sea cucumbers from the Animal Diversity Web.
- Images and brief information about this Chilean species (Dendrochirotida: Cucumariidae).
Cotton-Spinner (Holothuria forskali)
- Whilst diving round the coasts of Britain, Jane Lilley observed this sea cucumber and its behavior.
- Exercise from Invertebrate Anatomy OnLine covering the systematics, external and internal anatomy of this sea cucumber.
- Rob Toonen's comments about the defense mechanisms of sea cucumbers.
Holothuria forskali: Black Sea Cucumber
- Photographs and a description of this species.
- Introduction, characteristics, phylogenetic relationships and fossil history of the sea cucumber, from the Tree of Life Web Project.
- Wikipedia article on this class of marine animals, the sea cucumbers, with elongated bodies and leathery skin.
Holothuroidea - Sea Cucumbers
- Overview, including characteristics, taxonomy, phylogenetic relationships, and fossil history.
- Taxonomy, description and photograph of this sea cucumber.
- Exercise from Invertebrate Anatomy OnLine covering the systematics, external and internal anatomy of this sea cucumber, with notes on Cucumaria.
Sea Cucumber: Holothuria pardalis
- Research project by Ka Wai Hui on this species, including its classification, habitat, reproduction, nutrition, adaptations and use to humans.
Sea Cucumbers - Class Holothuroidea
- Description and interesting facts.
- Taxonomy and photograph of this shallow-water sea cucumber.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 11, 2013 at 15:35:03 UTC -