become an editor
the entire directory
only in Testudines/Testudinidae
Flora and Fauna
Angulate Tortoise: Chersina angulata
- Photographs and information from ARKive including classification, status, description, range, habitat, biology, threats and conservation.
Desert Tortoise Council
- An international nonprofit organization whose members share a common fascination with wild desert tortoises and the environment they depend upon.
Desert Tortoise Preserve Committee
- Group helps establish tortoise preserves, implements management programs for reserves and educational programs that evaluate measures aimed at ecosystem and critical habitat recovery.
Galapogos Tortoise: Geochelone nigra
- Dr. Ellen K. Rudolph provides information on this endangered species.
Gopher Tortoise Organization
- Conservation and management of the Gopher Tortoises (Gopherus polyphemus) and their habitat.
Gopherus agassizii: Desert Tortoise
- Many photographs, description, biology and taxonomy.
- Taxonomy, description and photograph of the gopher tortoise, its habitat and distribution, life history, community ecology and special status.
Ploughshare Tortoise: Astrochelys yniphora
- Photographs, videos and information from ARKive including classification, status, description, range, habitat, biology, threats and conservation.
- Geochelone radiata, by David T. Kirkpatrick.
Western Swamp Tortoise (Pseudemydura umbrina)
- This species has the smallest surviving population of any Australian reptile. Factsheet with information, lifestyle and threats.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 21, 2011 at 6:24:04 UTC -