become an editor
the entire directory
only in Testudines/Chelonioidea
Flora and Fauna
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Living Things: Animals: Reptiles and Amphibians: Reptiles: Turtles: Sea Turtles
Archie Carr Center for Sea Turtle Research
- Conducts research in all aspects of the biology of sea turtles, trains graduate students, and furthers sea turtle conservation through the communication of these research results to the scientific community, management agencies, and conservation organizations throughout the world.
- The Association for the Protection of the Environment and the Marine Turtle in Southern Baja is an organization protecting sea turtles. Describes the tracking and monitoring system, eco-tours and the turtle nursery.
Barbados Sea Turtle Project
- Aims to conserve endangered sea turtle populations in Barbados through the application of scientifically sound conservation measures, monitoring programmes, and public education.
Florida Wildlife: Sea Turtles
- Notes on observing sea turtles in Florida.
Grupo Ecológico de la Costa Verde
- Dedicated to the preservation of endangered marine turtles.
- Description of the different species of marine turtles with illustrations, links to photos. Also includes brief information on sea snakes.
Marinelife Center of Juno Beach
- Non-profit education and conservation facility dedicated to the conservation and preservation of our marine environment through education, research, and rehabilitation. Located in Palm Beach County, Florida.
- The Mediterranean Association to Save the Sea Turtles aims to conserve and protect the remaining Mediterranean sea turtle populations and their ecosystems through scientific research programs, education, political liaison, publicity and fund-raising.
New York State Sea Turtle Program
- Information and research on Loggerhead, Green, Kemp's Ridley, and Leatherback sea turtles.
NOAA - Sea Turtle Protection and Conservation
- Species information, protection, reports, and publications.
Parismina Turtle Commission
- Information about the nesting sea turtles on the Caribbean beach of Parismina, Costa Rica.
Sea Turtle Conservancy
- Dedicated to the conservation of sea turtles and related marine and coastal wildlife through research, training, advocacy, education, and the protection of natural areas.
Sea Turtle Inc.
- Education, research, and rehabilitation center in South Padre Island, Texas.
Sea Turtle Postage Stamps of the World
- A list of all known sea turtle stamps, including many images.
Sea Turtle Preservation Society
- Group concerned with the fate of the sea turtles that nest on Florida beaches. Newsletter and photos.
Sea Turtle Protection Society of Greece
- Conservation and education projects.
Sea Turtle Restoration Project
- An activist and educational resource for protecting endangered sea turtles and marine biodiversity.
- Physical characteristics, nesting habits, behavior, diet, and natural history of sea turtle. From the Seaworld Education site.
- Sea turtle information resource, home of the Marine Turtle Newsletter and Noticiero de Tortugas Marinas.
The State of the World's Sea Turtles
- SWOT is a network of researchers and conservationists assessing the status of the seven sea turtle species of the world and the threats they face.
- Turtle Trax is dedicated to the wonder and beauty of sea turtles, showing people why sea turtles are threatened throughout the world.
World Wide Fund for Nature - Marine Turtles
- Overview of marine turtle species and conservation.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 2, 2015 at 2:35:05 UTC -