become an editor
the entire directory
only in Reptilia/Testudines
Flora and Fauna
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Living Things: Animals: Reptiles and Amphibians: Reptiles: Turtles
Recreation: Pets: Reptiles and Amphibians: Turtles and Tortoises
This category in other languages:
Bermuda Turtle Project
- A research and education program sponsored by the Bermuda Aquarium, Museum and Zoo and the Caribbean Conservation Corporation.
Box Turtle Conservation Strategies, McKeever Center, Pennsylvania
- Discusses loss of habitat, pet collecting, and predators.
Box Turtle Observation Project
- General behavior observations, pictures, advice on NOT keeping them as pets.
California Turtle and Tortoise Club
- A resource for turtle and tortoise information. Includes photo gallery, sounds, species profiles, conservation news, and links.
Chelonian Research Foundation
- Publisher of the journal Chelonian Conservation and Biology, The Turtle and Tortoise Newsletter, and Chelonian Research Monographs.
- Article explaining the threat of extinction faced by Asian turtle species from commercial exploitation, with photographs taken in Guangzhou and Shenzhen markets.
- Provides a searchable database of turtles from all over the world. Global turtle conservation is also supported by this organisation.
Irish Sea Leatherback Turtle Project
- Information on this project which aims to understand the populations, origins and behavior of leatherback turtles in the Irish Sea.
Leatherback Turtles in Cornwall
- Description and classification of Dermochelys coriacea.
- Informative pages from the Animal Diversity Web on most turtle species. Habitat information, photographs, and other resources.
Pig-nosed Turtle: Carettochelys insculpta
- Photographs, videos and information from ARKive on this species endemic to Australia, Indonesia and Papua New Guinea.
Testudines: Life History and Ecology
- A general description of the clade Chelonia with information on the habitats, diet, life history and ecology of its members.
- Photographs and much information from Wikipedia on these reptiles, their anatomy and morphology, ecology and life history, evolutionary history and taxonomy.
Turtle Survival Alliance
- An international organization dedicated to sustainable captive management of freshwater turtles and tortoises.
World Chelonian Trust
- Dedicated to the captive care and conservation of all turtles and tortoises. Includes gallery, care sheet, and taxonomic list.
World-Wide List of Turtles and Tortoises on Stamps
- Illustrated list of stamps with depictions of turtles or tortoises.
Yellow-spotted Amazon River Turtle: Podocnemis unifilis
- Information on this species, its description, lifestyle, natural history and conservation status.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 13, 2014 at 8:24:07 UTC -