become an editor
the entire directory
only in Sirenia/Trichechidae
Flora and Fauna
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Living Things: Animals: Mammals: Manatees
Recreation: Travel: Specialty Travel: Ecotourism: Dolphins, Manatees, and Whales: Manatees
Amazonian Manatee: Trichechus inunguis
- Fact sheet from EDGE, a conservation organization that focuses specifically on threatened species that represent a significant amount of unique evolutionary history.
ARKive: West Indian Manatee (Trichechus manatus)
- Factsheet, description, photographs and videos.
Jane and David Allen Manatee Exhibit
- Information about research being done by the Mote Marine Laboratory in Florida. Studies include tests for the animal's visual acuity, whisker sensitivity, and lung capacity.
Manatee - Sirenia Project
- Information on West Indian Manatee studies at the Florida Caribbean Science Center.
- Informational booklet including classification, habitat, distribution, life cycle, anatomy and physiology.
Manatees on the Sarasota Gulf Coast
- Information and photos of Florida Manatees.
Save the Manatee Club
- Information about endangered manatees and their habitat, places to view manatees, FAQ, educational resources, conservation activities, and an Adopt-A-Manatee program.
Sea World: Manatees
- Topics include physical characteristics, distribution, diet, and communication.
Sundiver: Wonderful World of the Manatee
- Facts, FAQ, resources, and links.
- Kathryn Carlson provides information on the West Indian Manatee, its classification, characteristics, habitat, nutrition, behavior, reproduction and status.
- Taxonomy, description and photographs of the Florida manatee, its habitat and distribution, life history, community ecology and special status.
West Indian Manatee
- Includes manatee facts, photos, and message board.
West Indian Manatee (Trichechus manatus)
- Information and links from the Everglades National Park.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 28, 2014 at 11:34:35 UTC -