become an editor
the entire directory
only in Mammalia/Chiroptera
Flora and Fauna
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Chordata: Mammalia: Chiroptera
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Living Things: Animals: Mammals: Bats
Recreation: Outdoors: Wildlife: Bats
This category in other languages:
- Information and photographs of 'flying-foxes' in Australia.
Bat Call Library
- Includes species accounts, software, audio files and spectrographs, research news, and links. University of New Mexico.
Bat Planet - Bourges Museum
- Studies life of bats in the wild. Site in French and English with many pictures.
Bat Thematic Unit
- A thematic resource on bats for students, teachers, and anyone interested in flying mammals.
- Southeastern Australia bat call directory, with other publications and links to related information resources.
Bats in Australia
- Details of 90+ native species, with photos, ranges, roosts, diet and conservation status. Australian Museum Online.
The Bats of Britain
- Photos and species accounts. Includes identification key.
Brain Museum - Chiroptera
- Online resource of mammalian brains which covers 16 species of bat, some with photos and further information.
- Includes color photos, scientific names, common names, description, behavior, range, habitats, and life cycle.
How Bats Work
- Illustrated guide to bats and how they help humans.
Introduction to Chiroptera
- Life history, ecology, fossil record, systematics, and morphology of bats.
Living with Wildlife: Bats
- The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife provides information on bats, their natural history and interactions with man.
North American Symposium on Bat Research
- Scientific society which promotes the study of the biology of bats by holding an annual meeting of scientists, students, and the public from around the world.
- Taxonomy of bats from the Animal Diversity Web.
Swiss Bat Center
- Database of more than 9000 scientific bibliographic references. In French and English.
- Full checklist of 32 species, with links to detailed species accounts.
University of Bristol Bat Ecology and Bioacoustics Lab
- Resources and research on the reproductive and foraging ecology of bats, echolocation, conservation, interactions between bats and moths, and bioacoustics.
Warwickshire Bat Group
- Includes photographs and detailed information on all the bats found in the UK.
Rare bat on brink of UK extinction
- The BBC reports that one of the UK's rarest mammals, the grey long-eared bat is in danger of disappearing from the country. (August 05, 2013)
Bat killing WNS fungus confirmed in Arkansas
- The BBC reports on the further spread of the fungus that causes White-Nose Syndrome. (August 02, 2013)
Cold War bunkers offer bats refuge from killer disease
- The BBC reports on plans to use cold war nuclear bunkers to safeguard bats from white-nose syndrome. (May 08, 2013)
US publishes white-nose bat killer action plan
- The BBC goes underground with US biologist Carl Herzog to video the damage. (May 18, 2011)
Bat cull “will not stop white-nose syndrome spreading”
- The BBC reports on a study published in Conservation Biology. (December 24, 2010)
Plea for help spotting bat killer
- The BBC reports that bat groups and cavers across the UK have been asked to report suspected cases of an illness that has killed bats in the US. (December 22, 2008)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 5, 2013 at 6:55:50 UTC -