become an editor
the entire directory
only in Delphinidae/Orcinus
Flora and Fauna
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Chordata: Mammalia: Cetacea: Odontoceti: Delphinidae: Orcinus
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Living Things: Animals: Mammals: Whales: Orca
- Includes information on Killer Whales.
The Big Zoo: Killer Whale
- Includes a brief fact sheet about the killer whale.
- The story of the rescue and release of this famous kiler whale. Includes news, photos, history, and ways to help.
- Fact sheet providing photographs and information on Orcinus orca, including sightings off western Scotland.
Killer Whale (Orcinus orca)
- Information from the National Marine Mammal Laboratory on these whales, and details of NMML research, publications, posters and assessment reports.
Killer Whale Biology
- Provides an overview of general biology, taxonomy, ecology, evolution, behavior and physiology within the species. The site available in English and French.
- Information from SeaWorld, including classification, habitat and distribution, physical characteristics, senses, adaptations for an aquatic environment, behavior, diet and eating habits, reproduction, birth and care of young, longevity and causes of death, conservation, and research.
- Factsheet on these members of the dolphin family providing answers to the common questions asked about them.
Ocean Bound Orcas
- Includes information, links, and pictures on killer whales in captivity.
Ocean Futures Online
- Explore this site to learn about Keiko, the star of Free Willy, and more about our oceans, threats to the oceans and their inhabitants, and how you can help make a difference.
- An informational site about Orcas and their behavior includes identification methods, social structure, transients, and communication.
- Information about Killer Whales in Patagonia, Argentina. In English and Spanish.
- Provides pictures, information, links, and captivity issues on orca whales.
- Provides information on the research of Killer Whales. It is available in both English and Japanese.
- Research project by Karlie Hurlbert on the Killer Whale, including its classification, social behavior, habitat, adaptations, nutrition and reproduction.
Orcas in Captivity
- Provides a reference to the number of known orcas in captivity and those that have died.
Status of Killer Whales in Canada
- Includes an abstract report by RW Baird assessing the status of killer whales in Canada.
Wild Whales: Killer Whale
- Includes identification, natural history, movies, sounds, distribution, whale classification and status in Canada.
Zoom Whales' Orca Fact Sheet
- Includes information for children about killer whales. Provides information on its size, shape, diet, social groups, speed, vocalization, migration, reproduction, and life span information.
UN Chronicle - Freed Willy Endangered
- Short article about Keiko's transition to life in the wild. (September 05, 2002)
Usenet alt.animals.whales -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 20, 2011 at 6:35:07 UTC -