the entire directory
only in Mammalia/Cetacea
Flora and Fauna
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Living Things: Animals: Mammals: Whales
Science: Biology: Zoology: Chordates: Mammalogy: Marine Mammals
Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Conservation: Mammals: Marine Mammals: Cetaceans
Society: Issues: Animal Welfare: Specific Animals: Whales
This category in other languages:
- Provides species-specific information in encyclopedia format.
- Organization dedicated to explaining why whales mass strand themselves on beaches around the world.
- Education, research, and conservation of bottlenose dolphins and humpback whales in Hawaii. A not-for-profit arm of the Kewalo Basin Marine Mammal Laboratory of the University of Hawaii, located in Honolulu.
Dolphins and Whales in Greece
- Descriptions and images of all Greek cetaceans.
Fairweather Adventures - About Whales
- Information provided by an Alaskan whale-watching tour company, mainly on humpback and killer whales.
Frontline: A Whale of a Business
- A story covering the controversy over whales in captivity.
Identifying Whale Species
- Provides assistance on identifying whales from their blows, dorsal fins, flukes, splashes and behavior.
Kona Whale Watch
- General information about Hawaii's cetaceans and specific information on humpback whale sightings off the Kona Coast of Hawaii.
The Marine Mammal Center: Cetaeans
- Provides complete information on whales, dolphins and porpoises, including description, range and status.
Mingan Island Cetacean Study
- Research adventures with blue, fin and humpback whales in the Gulf of St. Lawrence, Quebec, Canada, and in the Sea of Cortez, Mexico.
- Introduction from the Animal Diversity Web.
Phillip Colla's Whale Photographs
- Underwater photographs of six species of whales.
Tethys Research Institute
- Research and conservation of Mediterranean whales and dolphins.
- Located in Friday Harbor, Washington. Mission is to increase the public's understanding and appreciation of the marine environment with special emphasis on whales.
- Information and trivia about cetaceans.
Whale Watching Web
- Whale and whale-watching resources and links, with a guide to whale watching, photos, and sound files.
- Wide range of information on all cetaceans, along with other resources and discussion boards.
- Educational site that focuses on whales and marine research.
Whales at Manly
- Information about whale migration up the east coast of Australia.
Whales on the Net
- Extensive site that includes a photo gallery, fact sheets, FAQ, news, views, action updates, and links.
From Land to Water: the Origin of Whales, Dolphins, and Porpoises
- Paper by Thewissen et al. from the journal Evolution: Education and Outreach. Gives an overview of the evolution of cetacean organ systems as shown by transitional fossils. (April 16, 2009)
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 9, 2013 at 7:05:04 UTC -