the entire directory
only in Chordata/Mammalia
Flora and Fauna
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Chordata: Mammalia
Apes, Monkeys, and Lemurs
Manatees and Dugong
Rabbits, Hares, and Pikas
Seals, Sea Lions, and Walrus
Whales, Dolphins, and Porpoises
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Living Things: Animals: Mammals
Science: Biology: Genetics: Eukaryotic: Animal: Mammal
Science: Biology: Zoology: Chordates: Mammalogy
Science: Earth Sciences: Paleontology: Vertebrates: Mammals
Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Conservation: Mammals
This category in other languages:
- Biology, ecology, habitat, and status of rare, threatened and endangered species of mammals and information on their native countries: biodiversity, ecosystems, population, and land use.
Australian Mammals: Living and Extinct
- Species profiles including habitats, characteristics, behavior, breeding cycles, feeding, images and range maps.
- Introduction to mammals, with detailed information about subclasses and orders of mammals, from the Animal Diversity Web.
Kenneth E. Behring Family Hall of Mammals
- Exhibition from the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History covering what makes a mammal, how mammals evolved and where mammals live.
Mammals of Kansas
- Checklist, descriptions, and photos.
Mammals of Texas
- Guide to the 181 species of Texas mammals, based on Davis and Schmidly's classic printed handbook.
- A bibliography of publications concerning the geographical distribution of mammals.
Mark Kostich - Rare and Endangered Mammals
- High quality images of species from around the world. Includes Giant Muntjac, Owston's Civet, Binturong, Spotted Linsang, Pangolin, Yellow Throated Marten, Indian Civet, Genet Cat, Sun Bear, Pygmy Loris, and Slow Loris.
National Collection of Mammals
- With roughly 590,000 specimens, this is by far the world's largest mammal collection and is located in Washington, DC, USA.
Natural History Collections: Mammals
- An introduction to the biology of the placental mammals, the monotremes and the marsupials.
Nature Worldwide: Mammals
- National checklists of all the species of mammals in the world.
Tasmanian Mammal List
- Guide to Tasmania's mammals.
UCMP Hall of Mammals
- University of California Museum of Paleontology site providing an introduction the Class Mammalia and to the subcategories of mammals, including the marsupials, monotremes, multituberculata, and the eutheria (placentals).
The Ultimate Ungulate Page
- Biology of the infraorder Ungulata and related groups, including Artiodactyla, aardvarks, elephants, hyraxes, sea cows, and Perissodactyla.
Walker's Mammals of the World
- Online version of the reference work by Ronald W. Nowak. Some sections are free, but subscription is required for most areas.
- Provides daily articles on some less well known animals.
Wildlife Africa: Animal Behavior: Mammals
- Notes on the habitat, habits, diet and breeding behavior of some of the larger African mammals.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, June 20, 2013 9:14:07 AM EDT -