become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cartilaginous/Holocephali
Flora and Fauna
Australian Ghost Shark
- Photograph and information on this fish, Callorhinchus milii, which is known as the elephant fish in Australia and New Zealand where it is found.
- Information from Wikipedia and several photographs of this fish, sometimes known as the ratfish, rabbitfish or ghost shark, and details of the six genera in three families.
Chimaera: Hydrolagus affinis
- Drawing and description of this curiously shaped fish and details of its range.
- Painting by Roy Troll of Hydrolagis trolli, a newly named species, and information on the fossil remains of ratfish from the Smoky Hill Chalk.
- Several photographs of the spotted ratfish.
Hydrolagus colliei (Spotted Ratfish)
- Images of a preserved specimen of this species, including an enlargement of the tooth plates.
- Photographs and information from Wikipedia on this interesting species, Hydrolagus colliei, which gets its name from its pointed rat-like tail.
Spotted Ratfish: Hydrolagus colliei
- Two clear photographs of this species from Cold Water Images.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 30, 2007 at 4:46:24 UTC -