become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fish/Cartilaginous
Flora and Fauna
Recreation: Outdoors: Wildlife: Sharks
Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Conservation: Fish: Sharks
This category in other languages:
American Elasmobranch Society
- An organization devoted to the study and conservation of sharks, rays, skates and chimeras.
Canadian Shark Research Laboratory
- An information source on sharks and shark fisheries in Atlantic Canada (English and French)
Cartilaginous Fishes: Class Chondrichthyes
- The most distinctive feature of this class is that their entire skeleton, including the skull, is cartilaginous without any true bone. The class include the sharks and rays, many of which are described here.
- Wikipedia article on this class of cartilaginous fish, their anatomy, biology and taxonomy.
- Provides information on the fossil record of sharks and their kin, their life history, ecology, systematics and morphology.
- Taxonomic information on cartilaginous fishes: sharks, rays and chimaeras.
Dedicated Shark Site
- Provides detailed information on many shark species and general information about sharks.
GoldenStateImages - Sharks of the California Coast
- Photography of sharks found off the California coast includes blue shark, and mako shark.
Infoplease - Sharks!
- Myths, facts, and statistics, how to avoid a shark attack, and the shark hall of fame.
Introduction to the Chondrichthyes
- UCMP Berkeley's introduction to the cartilaginous fish, including sharks.
- Wikipedia provides a great deal of information about sharks, their biology and classification, accompanied by photographs and diagrams.
- Facts, images, and information on projects and activities organized by the foundation. In English and German.
- Underwater photographs and information about many species of sharks and rays.
Shark Research Committee
- Research of North America's Pacific Coast sharks, including White Shark (Carcharodon carcharias) diet, distribution, behavior, encounters, and attacks.
Shark Research Program at the University of Florida Museum of Natural History
- Attack statistics, breaking news about sharks, information about Great white and Megamouth sharks, shark attack file, and a commercial shark fishery observer program.
- Information on many different species of shark, species lists, conservation information, great white and shark attack.
- Shark photos, information, history, and myths.
- Archives of the e-mail group for discussion of sharks and cartilaginous fish.
- Photos of sharks with no text.
Swell Shark: Cephaloscyllium ventriosum
- Photograph of an embryo of this species developing inside its “mermaid purse” egg case.
Torpedoes, Skates and Rays: Order Batoidei
- Characteristics of these fish in the subclass Elasmobranchii, which includes the Torpedoes, Skates, Sting Rays and Devil Rays.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 27, 2014 at 5:35:06 UTC -