become an editor
the entire directory
only in Bony/Coelacanthiformes
Flora and Fauna
Science: Earth Sciences: Paleontology: Vertebrates: Fish
African Coelacanth Ecosystem Programme: Phase II
- Information about research into the coelacanth and its habitat in Sodwana Bay which aims to unravel coelacanth evolutionary adaptations and the phylogenies of these ecosystems.
Association for the Preservation of the Coelacanth
- The APG is based on the Comoros Islands. Its objective is the preservation of Latimeria chalumnae and the coastal and marine environment. With photo gallery and links. In English, French and Comorian.
Coelacanth, Latimeria chalumnae
- Article describing the discovery of the coelacanth in 1938 and another specimen in 1998, its distribution, and its fossil record dating back 360 million years.
The Coelacanth, Living Fossil
- Detailed coverage of discovery and research of the 400 million year-old species of fish. Including recent news and video.
Coelacanth: Latimeria chalumnae
- Photographs and information from ARKive including classification, status, description, range, habitat, biology, threats and conservation.
- Article describing the historic discovery of this fish, details of its anatomy, and information on some other "living fossil" fish.
- The various subjects including discovery, fascination, habitat, conservation, and unanswered questions.
On the Trail of the Coelacanth, a Living Fossil
- Feature article on the discovery of a second population of the unusual large fish, once thought to be extinct. [Washington Post] (November 11, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 11, 2012 at 9:54:04 UTC -