become an editor
the entire directory
only in Chordata/Fish
Flora and Fauna
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Chordata: Fish
Recreation: Outdoors: Fishing
Recreation: Pets: Fish and Aquaria
Science: Agriculture: Fisheries
Science: Agriculture: Fisheries: Anadromous and Stream Fish
Science: Biology: Ecology: Aquatic Ecology
Science: Biology: Zoology: Chordates: Ichthyology
Science: Earth Sciences: Paleontology: Vertebrates: Fish
Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Conservation: Fish
Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Invasive Species: Aquatic
This category in other languages:
Codes for Australian Aquatic Biota
- Species coding system for aquatic organisms in the Australian region. Includes standard English names for Australian fishes.
The Cyclostomes: Class Agnatha
- Outlines the characteristics of this class of primitive jawless vertebrates which comprises the hagfishes and lampreys.
Discover Life - Fish
- Checklists, images, and identification guides for world fish.
East Coast Fish-Watch Project
- Designed to help people to learn more about South Africa's marine fishes and how to identify them.
- Information from Wikipedia on the classification, anatomy, respiration and general biology of fish, and other aspects of their life.
- Fascinating facts about fish from U.S. National Marine Fisheries Service Northeast Fisheries Science Center.
Fish, A Quick Course on Ichthyology
- Basic introduction to fish biology, by Odyssey Expeditions Tropical Marine Biology Voyages. Covers taxonomy, anatomy, reproduction, schooling behavior, how fish swim, how fish sense, and thermal strategies.
- Searchable global database containing information on 25,585 species (110,000 common names), 71,000 synonyms, 28,000 photos, and 21,000 references.
Fishes of Canada: Annotated Checklist
- Attempts to provide a definitive listing of the scientific, English and French names of all Canadian fishes.
Freshwater Fishes of Iran
- A searchable database providing descriptions and illustrations of species found in Iran.
Freshwater fishes of Iraq
- A searchable database providing descriptions and illustrations of species found in Iraq.
Hazardous Mediterranean Fish
- An illustrated guide by the late Dr. Louis Zammit, M.D.
Key to the Fishes of Puget Sound
- Identification key and guide to all families of fishes in Puget Sound (Washington, USA).
Marine Fish Fauna in Hong Kong Waters
- The first fish Internet database in Hong Kong.
National Collection of Fishes
- With roughly 19,000 specimens, this is one of the world's largest fish collections and is located part in Washington, DC, and part in Suitland, Maryland.
North American Freshwater Fish
- Images, distribution maps and other data on North American freshwater fish.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 27, 2013 at 21:15:08 UTC -