become an editor
the entire directory
only in Chordata/Cephalochordata
Flora and Fauna
Amphioxus Embryonic Development
- A fascinating short movie from YouTube showing the early cell divisions in the egg and its subsequent development.
The Amphioxus Song
- A song, set to the tune of “It’s a long way to Tipperary”, that explains in verse the evolutionary development of vertebrates.
Amphioxus: A Peaceful Anchovy Fillet to Illuminate Chordate Evolution
- Illustrated article on amphioxus, a species which occupies a central place in evolutionary thoughts when considering the origin of vertebrates.
Branchiostoma in coarse sand
- Information on several species that live in sand at moderate depths off the coast of Devon, UK, and photographs of the lancelet (Branchiostoma lanceolatum) and the pea urchin (Echinocyamus pusillus).
Introduction to the Cephalochordata
- Illustrated description of these primitive chordates, which are small, eel-like, unprepossessing animals that spend much of their time buried in sand.
- Photograph of Branchiostoma lanceolatum and information from Wikipedia on the genus, traditionally known as amphioxus, its physical features and taxonomy.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 15, 2014 at 9:35:11 UTC -