become an editor
the entire directory
only in Aves/Apodiformes
Flora and Fauna
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Chordata: Aves: Apodiformes
Chimney Swift: Chaetura pelagica
- Provides photographs, a sound file, and data on this bird's behavior and physical traits.
- Promotes the conservation of Chimney Swifts through education, preservation of existing habitat, and creation of new nesting and roosting sites. Details about the North American Chimney Swift nest site research project and spring Chimney Swift sightings reports.
Common Swift: Apus apus
- Detailed information about the species for everyone from beginners to advanced researchers. Includes bibliography and APUSlife, a virtual magazine.
The Coolest Bird: A Natural History of the Black Swift and Those Who Have Pursued It
- Book by Rich Levad tells the story of this North American bird first described in 1857. [PDF]
House Swift (Apus affinis)
- Fact sheet on feeding, breeding and migration, with description, call, distribution, status in Singapore, threats, photos and references.
Phaethornis superciliosus (Long-Tailed Hermit)
- Species account includes facts about this bird's diet, habitat, reproduction, and behavior.
Swallows, Martins, Swifts Worldwide
- For both specialist and amateur, this discussion group aims to discuss and disseminate information on Apodidae and Hirundinidae.
- Project to monitor the migration of the Chimney Swift (Chaetura pelagica).
Vaux's Swift (Chaetura vauxi)
- Describes this bird's physical traits, migration status, habitat, and nesting. Includes a taxonomy chart.
Vaux's Swift: Chaetura vauxi
- Description, photograph, sound file, range map and status.
White-throated Swift: Aeronautes saxatalis
- Photographs of this fast flying bird, a description, range map and sound file.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, December 1, 2007 3:02:11 PM EST -