the entire directory
only in Chordata/Aves
Flora and Fauna
Cranes, Rails, and Allies
Cuckoos and Allies
Herons, Storks, and Allies
Kingfishers and Allies
Loons and Divers
Nightjars and Allies
Parrots and Allies
Pelicans, Cormorants, and Allies
Pheasants, Quail, and Allies
Pigeons and Doves
Shorebirds, Gulls, Auks, and Allies
Woodpeckers and Allies
Health: Animal: Birds: Conditions and Diseases
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Living Things: Animals: Birds
Recreation: Pets: Birds
Science: Biology: Zoology: Chordates: Ornithology
Science: Earth Sciences: Paleontology: Vertebrates: Birds
Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Conservation: Birds
Society: Issues: Environment: Organizations: National Audubon Society
This category in other languages:
About: Birds - Class Aves
- Educational site outlining the characteristics of birds, their biology and classification.
Bird Families of the World
- Don Roberson's detailed guides to about half of the world's 202 bird families.
Bird Hybrids Database
- Worldwide database compiled from the ornithological literature of birds with two different species as parents. Includes complete references for each species combination. In English, French, and Spanish.
- Internet wild bird pages including information on a bird book, bird news, bird care, a bird album and short articles of a number of bird species.
- Mailing list for discussion of bird hybrids.
Birds of North America
- A reference series on North American birds, with information and sample profiles.
Birds of Pampas Plain
- Provides information and photographs of over 600 bird species that can be seen in Argentina.
Birds of the World
- List of current valid scientific avian names subdivided by order and family, based on the Sibley and Monroe and AOU lists. Includes scientific names and publication details.
Birds of the World
- Lists of all species with scientific and English names, subdivided by Family. Choice of list based on the Clements or the Sibley and Monroe classification schemes.
- Online field guide that invites readers to add to and edit.
- Provides a definition of birds (Aves) and describes their traits.
Exotic Pet Veterinarian - Avian Anatomy
- Describes the anatomy and physiology of birds for the lay audience, explaining technical terms along the way. Some emphasis on details of psittacines.
A Field Guide to the Birds on the Web
- Links to pictures, sounds, and video of the birds of the world, systematically indexed.
Handbook of the Birds of the World
- Information about the book series that will illustrate and deal in detail with all the species of birds in the world. Tables of contents, sample pages, and publication schedule.
History of North American Bird Names
- Details all the changes in the American Ornithologists' Union Checklists from 1886 - 2000.
The Internet Bird Collection
- Video library of footage of the world's birds, sponsored by the Handbook of the Birds of the World.
Introduction to the Aves
- Scientific background and information on birds.
- Photos and sounds for almost 2000 bird species; field guide quick indices.
National Bird Collection
- With roughly 640,000 specimens from around the world, this collection is located in Washington, DC, USA.
- A collection of bird photographs, videos, and songs from North America and Europe (mainly Finland).
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 16, 2015 at 11:09:22 UTC -