become an editor
the entire directory
only in Animalia/Bryozoa
Flora and Fauna
- Information on the classification of these organisms with illustrations of Flustra, Lophophus crystallinus and Cristatella mucedo.
- Information from Wikipedia on these colonial organisms that make hard skeletons of calcium carbonate, superficially resembling coral.
- Brief description of the phylum with illustrations of several species.
- Alien life forms? No, just bryozoans! Descriptions with some really interesting photographs.
Bryozoans of the West Coast of North America
- Large gallery of photographs.
- Provides biological information on these sessile, colonial suspension feeders with photographs of a Cyphonautes larva and a lacy colony of a species of Triphyllozoon.
- Information on the classification of these bryozoans with an illustration of part of a colony of Pedicellina.
Flowers of the Sea: Bryozoans
- Photographic study by Jean-Marie Cavanihac of these marine organisms.
International Bryozoology Association
- This organisation aims to encourage research and promote an exchange of knowledge on Bryozoa. Provides information on the society, membership, news, meetings, research and resources.
Introduction to the Bryozoa
- Introduction to the Bryozoa, otherwise known as the "moss animals."
Marine Bryozoans in Colour.
- Photographic study by Jean-Marie Cavanihac of this fascinating marine group.
Moss Animals Invade Lake Cochituate
- An article by A. Richard Miller about the fresh-water bryozoan Pectinatella magnifica.
Nonindigenous Aquatic Species: Bryozoans
- Species list from the USGS on the nonindigenous bryozoans found in US waters, with factsheets and collection details for each.
The Phylum Ectoprocta (Bryozoa)
- Includes characteristics, biology and ecology.
- Photographic study of the freshwater bryozoan, Plumatella repens.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 10, 2014 at 22:30:39 UTC -