become an editor
the entire directory
only in Insecta/Siphonaptera
Flora and Fauna
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Bacterial: Plague
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Rickettsial: Typhus
Home: Gardening: Pest and Disease Control
Shopping: Pets: Supplies: Health: Flea and Tick Remedies
- Popular article about fleas, their evolution and life cycle, and the cat flea Ctenocephalides felis, its host finding and control.
- Photographs of the dog flea. Click to enlarge.
- Several photographs of the cat flea, its larvae and pupae. Click to enlarge.
Ctenocephalides felis and Pulex irritans: Cat Flea and Human Flea
- Photograph of a flea, with information on its hosts, life cycle and description.
Ctenocephalides felis: Cat Flea
- Photographs and a description of this flea, its distribution, life cycle, medical and economic significance and management.
Ctenocephalides felis: Cat Fleas
- Research project by Hoi King Kwong on these parasites including their classification, morphology, habitat, reproduction, adaptations, nutrition and interactions with other species.
- Scanning digital micrograph.
Flea Circus Research Library
- Flea Circuses and performing fleas in history, film and fiction. Including a directory of real and "humbug" flea circus performers.
- This article describes these pests, their biology, importance and control measures.
- Article by P.G. Koehler about flea biology with photographs and information on their control.
- Zoological Institute of Russian Academy of Sciences (St.Petersburg, Russia) presents information on morphology, biology, distribution and importance of fleas (Class Insecta: Order Siphonaptera).
Insect Insights: Flea Circus
- Photographic study by Dave Walker of these insects.
Integrated Flea Control
- University of Nebraska Cooperative Extension in Lancaster County factsheet and audio on flea biology and control.
Introduction to the Siphonaptera
- A brief introduction to fleas by UCMP Berkeley, with photograph.
- Photograph of the human flea with its identifying features. Click to enlarge.
- The characteristics of these wingless insects, their life cycle, feeding and habitat, with illustrations.
- Photograph of the sand flea or chigger, with its identifying features. Click to enlarge.
- Photograph of this flea. Click to enlarge.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 13, 2014 at 1:51:36 UTC -