become an editor
the entire directory
only in Phthiraptera/Anoplura
Flora and Fauna
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Arthropoda: Insecta: Phthiraptera: Anoplura
- Photographs of Phtirius pubis and Pediculus capitis showing how lice found on different parts of the body vary.
- Photograph of this cattle tail louse. Click to enlarge.
- Several photographs of the hog louse. Click to enlarge.
- Photograph of this buffalo louse. Click to enlarge.
Human Lice: Pediculus humanus
- Research project by Samantha Koch on this parasite including its classification, habitat, reproduction, adaptations, nutrition and interactions with other species.
- Photograph of this long-nosed louse. Click to enlarge.
Pediculus humanus humanus and Pediculus humanus capitis
- Illustrations and information on the human body louse and the head louse, their identification, biology, the symptoms of infection, disease transmission and management.
Pediculus humanus humanus and Pediculus humanus capitus: Lice
- Photograph of a louse and an egg-case, with information on its habitat, life cycle and description.
- Photograph of this louse that infests humans. Click to enlarge.
Pthirus pubis: Crab Louse
- Illustrations and information on this louse, its hosts, distribution, biology, morphology and management.
Solenopotes capillatus: Little Blue Cattle Louse
- Photographs and a description of this louse, with information on its distribution, biology, hosts, economic importance and management.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, December 21, 2007 1:51:46 PM EST -